Advice on girly car accessories

My sister passed her driving test recently and has her first car (which is a nearly-new Clio 1.2 and cost exactly 21 times what my Micra did).

She wants car accessories for xmas. What do you suggest, something not too blokeish though. She lives nowhere near me so it's no good getting her the Autoglym suite for the purposes of me "borrowing" it, besides - she's never going to actually wash the car herself! Oh, and no furry dice :(

Reply to
fishman

Me in the back seat? 15 quid plus P+P

Reply to
Chet

nearly-new Clio 1.2

blokeish though. She

purposes of me

Oh, and no furry

no furry dice! well i'm outta ideas then :)

hmmmm black furry dice would look bling in the MR2 :)

Reply to
Vamp

set of cheap 15's/16's??

Reply to
Mason

In news:4K2dnfpx3Mb snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Vamp decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I think illuminated furry dice are more MR2 :-P

Reply to
Pete M

"Vamp" wrote

Gotta admit that they looked cool in my ex's black Cinq Sporting

However, my dad threatened me when I suggested furry dice for my sisters car :)

Reply to
fishman

Pussy ;) 18's/19's :D

Reply to
DanTXD

"Mason" wrote

A) I think it already has 15's on it. B) Even a cheap set of 15's or 16's with tyres will cost as much as, if not more than, my own car.

Reply to
fishman

*cheap* being the operative word.

try e-bay or renault sportsclub or whatever.

if it doesnt have steelies on it then theres no point.

Buy her a "performance chip" of e-bay and a fake dump valve ;o)

Reply to
Mason

MP3 headunit? A years breakdown/homestart cover? Some sort of poncy airfreshner thingy? Er. Car vacuum? Anti-ice windscreen cover-sheet? Dehumidifier (to prevent misty windscreens)? A wheel brace which is actually big enough to remove the damn wheelnuts.

I dunno, what else do women like? Shoes, apparently - Get her some nice new tyres :) Or dozens of pointless bloody cushions to spread about the place.

Reply to
albert

"albert" wrote

I haven't seen her car yet so not sure how good the stereo in it is.

Yeah if she hasn't got that, I'm up for getting her one of those - thought of that already

Yeah been looking those up

Again, comes under cleaning so no use, plus she lives with the folks and they've got one

Good plan but my folks in their infinite wisdom have bought her a car coversheet. Which is odd as she's just passed her test, it's her first car and she's never out of it long enough to warrant putting a coversheet on it! The ice thing is a good idea. I'll buy her a bottle of Rain-X and the equivalent Anti-fog up and anti ice products. Thanks for the inspiration!

See above - it's probably got aircon though and that clears misty screens quick.

She's a girl. She'll call the AA

Shouldn't need them, unless she's handbrake turning and wheelspinning around the place...

Haaha! I, out of habit passed down from my folks, drove around for my first year or so with cushions permanently on my rear parcel shelf. Realised I never used them and that they were going mouldy thanks to water ingress in my little E reg Fiesta.

Reply to
fishman

You can get a SheDriver set. It's screwdrivers, pliers and stuff, in pink and purple with lace and fur trimmings, in a trendy box.

Absolutley bloody useless, but a girly might find it fun to look at.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

Inspired. I can't find one on goole within 30 seconds though :(

Reply to
fishman

A nodding dog. Quality things, them. Always bring a smile to my face.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No me neither. I thought it was boots, missus got one for her mate for Xmas as she has just bought a house. Will find out where she got it from.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

car maintenance course (to save you keep having to "just fix this"...)

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

"AstraVanMan" wrote

Ohhhh nononononono ohhhh yuss!

Reply to
fishman

Try Superdrug.com

Click on the Christmas link at the side, then on for her. They haven't got the set listed that my missus bought, but they have a different one. The other one might be in the gift guide that you can download as a PDF.

I checked with Missus and it is 2 flat and 2 cross screwdrivers.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

that already

coversheet. Which is odd as

enough to warrant

bottle of Rain-X and the

the place...

year or so with

that they were going

cushions on a parcel shelf could kill in an accident, funny but true!

Reply to
Vamp

na a mooning homer simpson! :)

or a garfield window sticker teddy thingy, can you still get them?

Reply to
Vamp