Alloy opinions

*Warning: post about modifying a car*

Got hold of a cheap set of wheels for the MR2 a few weeks ago. Finally got some wheel nuts sorted for it and got them on. I though they might look a bit small (only 14"), but overall I reckon they suit the look of the car, not to mention keeping the standard tyre size.

What do you think?

They came off a Suzuki Baleno, and nearly new.

Other things I've done this weekend - the Volvo (now with 1 years MoT) has finally got a working 6 gauge dash (speedo, rev counter, fuel, coolant temp, ambient temp and econometer). With 2 more guages waiting to be fitted into an uber rare auxilary gauge panel I've found.

Also went to change the brake discs on the Manta has I thought they felt a bit warped, only to find one ARB drop link completely missing. That'll be way the car has felt a bit weird recently then :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Quite like 'em, as you say, suit the look. The style is also the right era.

My mega cheap Rangey - the one I got from Kent - passed its mot once I'd fitted a new exhaust. Quite happy at £105 for a full exhaust system. Drives lovely now.

I need to replace the drag link ends on one Rangey, and the top rear shock rubbers on the one that passed yesterday. They're good enough to pass the MOT, but sloppy enough to affect the ride quality.

Reply to
Pete M

Good work.

Went for a ride in a TVR Chimera today. Total nutter car. Certainly cant afford one, but it has completely renewed my want for a v8 though. I'm thinking SD1 or Rangey. Let me know if you wanna get rid of one of yours :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yea they work, suit the car. Could do with been 3 inches bigger, but then I would say that ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

You'd like both of mine, but at the moment neither is for sale - well, the blue one is pretty much sold and the green one is my current baby.

Blue one is manual, has a stainless pipe and slight misfire sometimes - so it sounds more like a TVR than it should. Green one has a standard pipe with a K&N and auto 'box, but no misfire, so it sounds really lazy and woofly in a smooth way.

Reply to
Pete M

Sorry, yuck. I don't reckon they suit. Dunno what would though.

(you can probably invert what I'm saying to get the general opinion though :-) )

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I wouldnt want to go above 15s really as it would ruin the feel of the car. Of course it's not my car, but I would be pretty persistent with my 'advice' :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Like the sound of that one :)

Like the sound of that one too :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

At least have the courtesy to mark it OT:

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

get one while there's still a TVR in existence.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I wish I could, I really do. I could probably get hold of enough money to buy one, but the running costs scare me :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

5 mile a year policy (should get you the MOT station and back) and enough petrol to get there and back. Pre-Book the MOT and it will be fine to drive there Sorned. Can't see there being major running costs myself. the rest of the year, stick it in an air tight box. Protect everything.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2