'And the winning numbers, are...'

Settlement on the Passat is as follows:

Value of the car: £5200 Salvage value: £832

I've lost on the value of the car as there's just over £5400 outstanding on the finance, but the salvage is worth a fair bit more than what they've sold it to me for. :-)

Hmmm... repair or sell on, that is the question. I would have thought the salvage will fetch at least £1500. Not sure on the costs of getting it jigged (anyone know anyone cheap for this in the South East?), but the rest of the parts shouldn't be *too* expensive if I use secondhand bits.

Reply to
JackH

So not a bad result then?

Reply to
carl.robson

Better than I was expecting given conversations with the third party assessor who looked at the car and marked it down as £4950.

I was expecting the salvage to be more as well.

Reply to
JackH

"JackH" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

So what changed your mind...?

Reply to
Adrian

I haven't changed my mind, I'm reconsidering my options at the moment given I've got it back for a lot less than I was expecting it to be.

I need to make sure the engine is fine before I do anything else, plus I've asked for a copy of the estimate they've used to write it off to see what the official opinion is on what needs to be done to repair it properly.

Reply to
JackH