And the winning numbers are...

131.2bhp at the crank, at something just over 6700rpm.

Not bad for an old 106 GTi with just an induction kit.

Let the debate into how flawed figures obtained from a rolling road, are... ;-)

Next week, I are be mostly obtaining and fitting a decat kit, then running it back down to the same rolling road (1) for a comparison.

(1) Not such a hardship when your mate works there and gives you all your dyno runs for free.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Just out of interest, whereabouts is said rolling road? I was planning to get a car or two dyno'd, hence the question.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Nice :-)

Reply to
Iridium

It's near Canterbury - will email you off group if you like. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Well, yes. Crank figures are usually fabricated bollocks which are only quoted to make the average chav-hatch owner feel like they've had value for money out of the dyno run ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

That's what I hoped, and I would appreciate if you could let me know where it is...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

What was the power at the wheels?

Reply to
Homer

Ok... ping me with an email - addy is valid. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

93bhp or thereabouts.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Heh

Value for money - when it's free? ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Just use the one in the headers with the uppercase spamtrap removed, that's a valid email address.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

That seems like a big transmission loss for a little FWDer? Granted I don't actually know anything about this mind heh.

Reply to
Iridium

you'll be surprised how much power is lost, i saw a few sad faces at the MR2 dyno day i organised years ago, i was ok as i had my MK1 MR2 so any power was good power :) i'm not bothered these days, if it feels quick enough and has a nice surge of torque i aint bothered really. people tend to go by bhp figures but i think torque and weight are just as important really.

still that's not bad power from a lil engine really i'd be happy with that. my MK1 MR2 made 122bhp at the fly with the at the wheels power of about

100bhp, i'd find my scan of the dyno if i could be arsed. thought that was ok for a car with 137k on the clock to at the time :)
Reply to
Vamp

;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'd love to see what they quote for crank figures on my derv, when I had it on the rollers I was given: Fly: 171.48 Wheels:159.17

Reply to
Depresion

cool cheers!

Reply to