Any opinions on a Honda Prelude around 195/96?

Yup, that's another possibility. In fact, my list thus far is:

BMW 325i touring (probably too small) Mondeo v6 estate (probably too slow) Pug 406 v6 estate (heavy?) Subaru Legacy 4-cam Vaux omega 3.0 24v est. (heavy?) Volvo T5 estate

Heh. Fair enough - scratch that one.

Meh. Bland doesn't bother me - I want quick and practical. Image and styling are worth about this ->||> I'll probably do a proper post nearer the time, but anyone have any

Yup, seems so, but there are a couple of options, and I'm not in any immediate rush.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Audi S2? Dunno what price they fetch and parts can be a tad expensive but its just oh so good!

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1992 Renault 19 16v - Roll on 21/07/2004

Reply to
Chet

WAY over budget too, unless you're happy with a really old, really tatty one ! And again, they're not exactly quick :)

Very heavy, but RWD if you like that sort of thing. Stupid cheap too.

Reply to
Nom

Well, I was thinking of the E30 type. 192BHp (243Nm) and 1295Kg = fairly quick, but as you say, they're getting on a bit now (>> Good choice, but they truly are the epitomy of bland.

Rattly trim doesn't worry me much either. Of course, it's nice if it doesn't, but I'm not going to pay extra for that. Of course, they are likely to have had relatively hard lives, so I am interested as to how reliable they actually are.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

E30 didnt have 192bhp, that was the later variable valve timing model, E36

325
Reply to
Theo

Oh yes, that would be superb. Thing is, they start at around £5k, which is a bit more than I wanna spend. Might not depreciate too badly tho....

Reply to
Albert T Cone