Anyone BTCC ing tomorrow ?

I shall mostly be flitting between the 888 Garage & hospitality. Woot !

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)

Score! See if you can get on the telly!

Won't see you there, but I'll think of you as I'm tootling about.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not even Radio Three ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

No, real music buffs 'don't do classical'.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Aw do I have to change my signature too now? :)

Reply to
DervMan

So I need to search out an old HMV valve wireless from a Rover P4, for the Felicihaha, to listen to the light channel on Long Wave then ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Got anything that'll play my Hank Marvin 78s?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, but your Django Reinhardt wax cylinders are cool.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I know you were just kidding there, but I assume the facts were correct and the Rover P4 had that wireless - just as a random thought, could it be made to work in a modern car? Does it need power for example? And does it need speakers or does the noise come out of the unit it's self or something? You can tell have NO idea how a 'valve wireless' works...

Reply to
DanB

The HMV set in the P4 consisted of a control box just like a radio in the dashboard. This was connected to the actual radio which was a large box of valves which lived under the driver's seat. It keeps you warm in the winter. This was connected to a nice oval speaker behind the grille in the dash.

It suited an Auntie Rover, but nothing more modern.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

not me this time, but if it goes to the wire I may trek down to Brannds for the finale.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I think Pioneer used to do a 2din valve amped car headunit. It used gas filled valves instead of modern new fangled things like transistors, chips and FETS etc. They lit up like bulbs when power was put through them.

Reply to
Elder

Cracking Day - some photo's here :

Brownz (Mobile)