Anyone want to sponsor a race car?

Ok, have to try in here...

I've alwardy sold a couple of associate sponsor places, but I've still got the main car sponsor to fill.

The sponsor will have their logo on both sides of the car (the above the rear wheelarch area), bonnet, and rear of the car. They'll also get a prominent place on the crew shirts and hats.

The series has scored a TV deal for the 2005 season, on both Motors TV and Channel 4, with each race having it's own programme. Since the driver (Pete Wilkinson) has won races in the past and always features highly in the runnning we can guarantee plenty of screen time.

For any rounds where in-car cameras are used, we'll make sure a logo is visible on in-car shots too.

Average race attendance is around 18,000; the series review on Motors TV scored 350,000 viewers last year too, so plenty of people will see your logo.

As sponsor you'll get full pit access at some of the country's greatest tracks such as Rockingham, Brands Hatch and Thruxton.

What's it going to cost? Only £6,000! Corporate boxes are also available...

If you're interested, or you know/are sleeping with someone from marketing where you work, give me a shout:

nealaberdeenorangenet

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I take it this ASCAR?

Just out of interest, how are the cars funded - I mean, how much of it comes through sponsorship like the one you're describing? What about the company who makes the car/engine - do they also sponsor it with free parts etc?

Is a lot of it invested by the driver and team because they love the sport and want to be involved etc, sponsorship helping out and making it affordable for them?

Reply to
fishman

snip.... Since the driver (Pete Wilkinson) has won races in the past... - well at least he has one 2 or more races then!!!!

Reply to
MrJolly

Close; it's one of the pickups.

In our case, the car has been entered by the driver's own money, with bits and bobs of sponsorship along the way, so it's just like you've said above. The team (including me) work for free, mainly because we enjoy the sport and it's an opportinity to be involved with motor racing. And you get in free... ;)

Reply to

....and. Not every series is like the utterly tedious schumacher show.

Reply to
JohnR

Dang, as if having

on the side of a racing car wouldn't look cool.

Anybody want to sponsor me to sponsor this? :)

Reply to
DervMan