Argh! Sick cat.....

It appears the catalyst 'brick' has come loose in it's box in the 156.

I can order a replacement for around 80 quid delivered (I was shocked at how cheap it was, too) but I usually hate fitting exhaust bits at home.

However, the catalyst uses flat mating surfaces rather than flanged pipes and clamps.... d'you reckon this may make it easier to replace than standard flanged fittings?

Reply to
SteveH

Certain that's actually the case? I was told that was the cause of a rattle on my 528, and both cats would have to be replaced at a cost of [shudder]

Turned out to be a loose heat shield and was welded back on for pennies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. Definitely the cat. I crawled underneath and tapped it with a mallet - heard the 'brick' inside rattling around. Does the same if you blip the throttle, too.

A new one is only 90 quid, delivered.

Reply to
SteveH

Jesus, it was 80 a couple of hours before. That's inflation for you.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

I had to buy from somewhere who had it in stock. Cost me an extra tenner.

Reply to
SteveH

£105 fitted, for my 306 a couple of weeks back. I'm happy to service it but I can't be arsed with doing exhausts at home any more, like you say.
Reply to
Abo