Ari Vatenen

Legend. I love the way the co-driver just goes "Oh..... Dear god...."

Reply to
DanTXD

Proper rallying.

Not the sanitised WRC s**te we get these days.

Reply to
SteveH

That guy is a hero. After watching that I had to go watch the Climb Dance video again. Amazing - if you havent seen it go find it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ari Vatenen wasnt that interested in LED washer jets, or big bore tail pipes...............strange that anyone from this group has ever heard of him!

Ken

would that be the=20 Ari Vatanen Pikes Peak "Climb Dance"

Reply to
bongo rule

would that be the Ari Vatanen Pikes Peak "Climb Dance"

That would be it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

AOL brother AOL...........

Reply to
Geoff

Don't Forget Stig Blomquist, Walter Rohl, John Haugland, Eric Carlsson, RAC etc.

Reply to
Elder

And Jimmy, don't forget Jimmy.

Everyone knows Colin, 'cos he wone a WRC title. However, Jimmy was arguably the better driver of the two.

Reply to
SteveH

As soon as I heard the Steve Rider voiceover I realised I have the whole video here on VHS. Couple of hours worth IIRC. I may capture it some day :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Jimmy was a handy circuit racer as well. I saw him winning in a Chevette HSR at Ingliston many years ago. Overtook the leader sideways around the last corner to win the race. He's orignally a Scramble rider as they were called back then. So was Colin - that's where the balance comes from - or so I'm told by those who know the family.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

^^^^

Argh!

That's watching telly and letting my fingers do all the thinking....

Reply to
SteveH

My father has a story about being out for a blat in deepest Lanarkshire, being overtaken by, and completely failing to keep up with, a diesel astramax/maestro or somesuch with ladders on the roof and IIRC some sort of Tradesman livery. Rumour has it, it was a McRae.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

True. I was just waiting for ken to correct me that RAC was a sponsor, not a driver (but we know better don't we children).

Reply to
Elder

Jock and Drew both know him personally - both reckon he's crap and aren't slow in telling him. :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle