Re: * Fifth Gear * VBH & her SIS

No

> mention of the day at york ever appeared as far as I know!

Umm I think I've seen it in the TopGear comic. It was a fire engine red Dodge Ram V10 he was in, wasn't it? The problem he admitted in the comic was that there was no weight over the rear axle.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Noo It was a dark coloured turbo 6 cylinder 4x4 pickup?

Reply to
Burgerman

Ah righto, I must have been thinking of a different c*ck up.

Clarkson is now banned from several of the places I work at. At one because so far we have had him throw up in every aeroplane we have and in the centrifuge (poor dear can't take any g at all). At another because he decided to blab the personal details of a distressed driver over the air when he was doing that DJ thing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Was it around 1991-92? Sounds like a GMC Syclone. 4.3l v6 turbo, 0-60

Reply to
Abo

That sounds like the thing. Autos are faster when you have real power.

Yep he certainly looked it! Even my old sierra tow car full of tools and beer on remoulds beat him.

Reply to
Burgerman

The aim was not the make the others look silly but quite the inverse.

JC always uses the double twist: here you've got a splendid car which costs a fortune and has all the bells ans whistles. 0-60 in 5 sec... and I am going to race it against this buggger.

The bugger concerned doesn't have the cash but has the mind and the spanners to make something quite good in which he blows the "rich man's car" away.

I like that in JC: he fancies the big money toys (who doesn't) but keeps everybody happy with the thought that mind, dedication and elbow grease can (more or less) easily overcome it. He makes people realise that you can dream and that in fact almost no (automotif) dream is beyond your grasp.

What I don't like in JC is that he seems to like abusing cars, smoking tires, the chav-side of his programs. While his driving has improved over the last years, well it ain't as clean as I would like. But hell: we can't all be as perfect as me ;-)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

To be fair, your old tow car, was a V8 with nitrous heh ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep but about 2 grandsworth...

Reply to