Attn PeteM: Do you know this motor?

Best mod I ever made to my 90 (Defender) was swapping out the seats for some Recaro's

Reply to
Geoff

Why do people complain about the handling of a 4x4 on the road but never moan about their Lotus being useless when crossing a field ?

Reply to
Geoff

I wasn't complaining, merely stating what happened, it was pretty funny actually.

Reply to
Iridium

I asked earlier, do you have a Buy Now price in mind, and has it ever overheated.

Answer: i think my dad has answerd you ill help you all i can it dose not overheat as for pay pal i would like cash on collection as pay pal costs a fortun and as for buy now 600 and i can get you from the nearest station.

Reply to
Elder

So, it looks like a goer then? You should totally take PeteM with you to look it over, then use his dodgy scouse skills (haggling not a sound kicking) to get it for £500 :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I'm sure they'd accept 500 quid and a 'dag'.

Reply to
SteveH

Was thinking that. Missus will probably throw me out, which means the=20 space in the back will be useful too.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Black Wire-The Face

Reply to
Elder

Because if a Lotus crosses a field, you are happy to make it out of the=20 car alive.

People complain about handling of a 4x4 on the road because that is=20 where they drive it. 95% of all 4x4 never leave the paved bits. Hell:=20 the dealership of Land Rover nearby evens garanties its second hand cars=20 never to have been off-road.

Oh yes, I have been proposed an ex-demo Range a few years ago: the car=20 (Vogue V8, full ops, 7800 km on the clock, white in and out) would have=20 been mine with a reduction of 65% to the newprice. I almost choked due=20 to unstoppable laughter.=20

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telenet.be, Tom De Moor wittered on forthwith;

They are fun to drive, aren't they :-)

I wouldn't have a white one though, now a nice dark metallic would be lovely.

Reply to
Pete M

There see, I fancy Satin Black (and yes I know it was never offered). Would make a change from Flat NATO green, and not need to worry about waxing to a shine.

Satin Black with Pimp tints and chequer plate steps.

Reply to
Elder

Is it LR Centre Limited you mean?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Black Wire-The Face

Reply to
Elder

Indeed they are, the supercharged Range's (now) also but... we are taxed on engine displacement and power output. On top of that when we put a licence plate on the car, it comes for the Range with a bill of 5000 Eur (3300 UKP).

Range Rover has somehow seen the light: most are black or dark colored, there is the exception of some very agitated orange. Brussels is filled with Range, Cayenne and the big VW Touareg; Porsche being the only one not to propose a diesel.

In all honesty: the Mercedes-dealer tried the same.

Why they make white 4x4's with white leather interior (top to bottom, even the carpet) just beats me. Strangely enough those cars come with the biggest engine and full ops. The ML even had an extended tank (120l capacity) which did nothing to ease the suspicion about fuel consumption.

Maybe they think that when they give reductions 50-60% on the catalogue price, people will buy them.

The ML with AMG badge (and the 6.3l V8) was (understatement) also very nice but just too white for this world. How would it look after 6 months in use?

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

That's "whose office".

HTH. :-P

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Yup, they're ok if you know 'em, and I know 'em...

Reply to
Pete M

I think I'm going to bottle it. Never did get chance to go see it. I know I had a bad time with the convertible but it was expensive, and a=20 better time with the Octavia and it was reasonable priced, and this is=20 going to go cheap.

But I'm not sure I could wing it well enough to avoid castration.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:March Violets-Slow Drip Lizard

Reply to
Elder