Bah

They're engineered that way.

The current generation of Passat is in a very different league but it had to be.

Yup. Very much like my Saab 9-3. The Passat is a good choice for motorways, but less in its element on a B-road.

They're all like it, you pick how much understeer you want on power, add a little extra for the 1.9 TDI, and there's your choice.

Reply to
DervMan

Yes, although it's such a barge of a thing that it's what I expected, so I wasn't dissapointed. Went like the clappers in a straight line, was comfy and quiet, has a good stereo - perfect motorway tool; better than the passat, anyway.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Nooo, more comfy than the passat. Quite a bit more. And if you let the rear tyres down a bit, you could get the back end to swing a bit :-D

Given a choice, I'd take the A6 every time.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Hmmm 'kay.

Is this an older A6 or a newer one?

Down?!

Okay... that's unusual. In everything I've owned, I've increased the rears a little for some rear action, so to speak.

Reply to
DervMan

I know - it's going crazy. But get this - a Toyota Aygo is the same size, inside and out, as a late shape Vauxhall Carlton! Go out and measure them if you don't believe me. People won't think you're mad or anything.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Factory bi-fuel is a good choice, smaller petrol tank to make room for LPG tank so you still get spare wheel and luggage space!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh. Pillock.

*mutters* where did I put my tape measure..?
Reply to
Albert T Cone

Older. Was a '96 I think. The generation following the 100, with the inline-5 140Bhp diesel lump.

Yup. Well, if you didn't pump them up for ages, then the back end would start to do stuff. :-)

Same effect, probably, except your way is probably better for the tyres.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I had an A6 V6 TDi Avant for a while.

Nice enough car but it didn't do anything particularly well, although the stereo could reproduce Jack Whites guitar on "Hello Operator" better than most.

Was pretty good on fuel though.

Reply to
Pete M