Woo

Soon I will be the proud owner of one of those accellerometer in a box thingies. I'll be able to quantify exactly how many BHP have evaporated from the Golf over 16 years and 120k, and just how s**te the suspension is. OTOH when I finally get round to a full rebush, lowering, new shockers, and proper setup, I'll be able to tell how much of a difference my £s have made. And hopefully it'll help me come up with a basic map for the ABF I may get around to buying and fitting.

Reply to
Doki

Already got one. Works well. Interesting toy when I first got it, but haven't used it for many months. Or seen it come to that. I wonder where it is. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Aye. Said to the bloke on the phone that it's the sort of thing you'd use when you're setting something up and then put away forever, but it's a useful thing to have for that sort of work. I'm hoping to get a Golf ready for the GTI race series in a bit so I suspect it'll be handy for comparing setups.

Reply to
Doki

a what thingy?

Reply to
Vamp

A thingy that basically measures G forces. This sort of thing.

Mike G

Used to use a Vericom version same basic thing but a bit more "pro" and costly. (and about a foot long and heavy!) To set up nitrous systems and measure the difference before and after 15 years ago. They work well. You can measure the difference in grip on launch for eg of different tyre pressures. You can see the rate of acceleration that different nitrous jetting gives you. You can prove if such things as ecotec valves work. (guess!???) Almost as useful as a dyno. But not as repeatable or controlable. Very useful for the money if you do drag/sprint/hillclimbs etc. And a great bullshit detector.

Reply to
Burgerman