Best unmod I've done in a while

Replaced the stupid short shift in the MX5 with a bog standard lever. Oh joy, suddenly I've got the snick-snick-snick action back that these are famed for and the car is actually fun to drive. Amazing how a little thing like this can almost ruin a car.

After a quick blat around my usual test route (JackH knows which one), I'm actually beginning to like that car. It certainly shifts well enough and seems to handle OK. The latter should improve once I manage to get the other rear subframe fitted.

Time to get the R888s fitted next weekend :)

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Subframe off another car? Are they different between models/editions?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No, they're the same on Mk1 MX5s. My car has had an advisory for rust on the rear subframe (plus it needs new rear disks) and as I got a free rear subframe with brakes etc in supposedly better nick when I bought a

1.8 LSD[1] off another bloke, I'll just give that a lick of POR-15 and have that fitted. [1] Slightly higher geared and more importantly, much stronger than the 1.6 diff.
Reply to
Timo Geusch