Biggest last name in motorsports

There is a discussion elsewhere on this... What do you think is the biggest last name in motorsports? Andretti is winning at the moment BTW

Reply to
Abo

McLaren, or Ferrari I would expect, seeing as they are both family names..

Only Mario from the Andretti's really did anything, and IMO wasn't *that* great anyway..

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Surname? There's a ton of WRC drivers with some long names. Or do you mean big names in which case there's still Paul Newman, Carol Shelby...

Reply to
Conor

Biggest?

Most family members (Probably WRC)? Biggest brand (going to be NASCAR)? Longest (Probably WRC)? Worth most in Scrabble (WRC)?

Reply to
Depresion

Still not bigger than Ferrari or McLaren though. I take a "big" name to mean one you could say to a non-motorsports fan and they'd know instantly what you were talking about.

Per Gunnar-Andersson is the longest one in the WRC I know of .. :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Depresion, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Schumacher probably.

Reply to
Pete M

I'd put my money on either Stirling Moss or Fangio, Juan Manuel. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

The original website with the vote was American with their typical thinking outside of their borders, had names like Petty, Earnhardt, Andretti. But the forum I saw it linked from is global so thinking along the same lines as you I suggested Ferrari or Porsche; surely there can't be many people in the world who haven't heard of one of them (weird tribes excepting)...

Lol that's pretty long

Reply to
Abo