Broke my downloading record

Nope - not in any drives I know.

In fact I've only got one (maybe two - I seem to recall buying a DVD recently that was an DVD18), and that's a pressed, retail DVD, albeit a region 1 disk (T2 ultimate edition, one of the early, more rare pressings, later on it was done as two DVD9s).

I'm not aware of there being any data / burnable DVD18s yet - and given it took a long while for DL technology to filter through to the domestic market in terms of burners and media, I think it's a while off, if there's a need at all.

I don't recall seeing and double-sided burnables, but then I've never looked for them.

Set your booktype to DVD-ROM, use some blanks that are reliable for you - don't try to burn at too high speed at first - most burners go through something of a learning procedure with media.

Megabits (small b) ;-)

Given where he is (Australia, ain't it?) I think I'm with him - surely it would be easier to download?

Reply to
Douglas Hall

Yep. I'll keep the torrent alive for you.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Is it just one torrent for the whole 20GB? As in you can't access each individual file until the whole thing's fully downloaded?

Any chance of emailing me the torrent file? (Circumcise the address in the headers)

Also, with all this torrent business - a lot of programs ask you to have stuff to upload to enable decent download speeds - all well and good, but I'm only on a slow connection - is my 300k bandwidth the total of up+down, or is the crappy 56k upload speed I get extra bandwidth in addition to the

300k? In other words, if someone's maxing out my upstream, will that mean that I can only download at 244k/s, or can I still download at a full 300k/s?
Reply to
AstraVanMan

The most you'll be able to download at, regardless of anything else, is about 30k/sec :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm on about kilobits. Anyway, I thought there were 8 bits to a byte, not

10 - didn't the whole start bit/stop bit thing get phased out with analogue modems? Are cable modems properly digital? I don't really know.

But my question was, will having my upload bandwidth full up affect my download bandwidth?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

With Azereus you can pick the files you want to download.

Just head over to demonoid.com and do a search for top gear.

You can download without sharing anything other than what you are downloading. You should get the whole 300k down speed plus the 56 k upload. Then again, I once did 4 gig in a month on dial up.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

But he only needs to grab the stuff he hasn't got already.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Heh, which is all of it!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You don't have any topgear? For shame!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Top Gear goes back to the 70's.

Reply to
Conor

Yes, set your upload maximum to about 80% of your upload speed.

Reply to
spam

Don't forget the "extra" DVD, can't remember the name of it, but Stig goes around the track in the F1 car in under a minute and it shows the whole lap from the in car camera.

I downloaded that a couple weeks ago, was worth a watch....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

While you're on google, have a search for "blu ray".

Reply to
Tom Robinson