Hmm, should I?

Get a Subaru Legacy Turbo?

Well tempted, and as Timo has had one the prices seem to have fallen.

Anyone know much about 'em?

Reply to
Pete M

We bought one a couple of weeks ago and promptly got shot of it again. 'Apparently' they are exceptionally prone to head gasket grief and piston 'issues' on no 4. This one had the head gasket thing going on, which it 'hid' very well to begin with.

I'd stiil have one if I thought I was getting a good one cheap though.

John F (GTM for sale)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

In news:di14lc$7m8$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Bob Sherunckle decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Bugger.

I've always fancied a Legacy Turbo saloon.

Would even swap the Rangie for a nice one..

Reply to
Pete M

CV joints (at all four corners) are stupidly pricey too. One of the Skoda boys used to have a Legacy Estate for hauling rare Skoda parts back from CZ to the UK. He sold it when the CVs started showing signs.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Do it. Fantastic car and easy to make into a street sleeper. I hated Subarus until I got one. Now I love them. Well built cars that go like the clappers. I'd happily line my modded Subaru against my old GTR on the track.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

EEEMMMMM Thought you didn't do jap?

Reply to
fishman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I don't as a rule, but I do quite like the old Legacy Turbos.

I think it's because they're as ugly outside as they are typically Jap crap inside.

Well, that and the fact they go rather well.

Reply to
Pete M