Car safety question

No shit! My Bog Standard J reg Rover 420SLi does 0-60 only half a second slower.

Reply to
Conor

Only in the land of Max Power :)

8 seconds (for a peak condition engine having the clutch sidestepped and the nuts absolutely thrashed off of it) minus a genuine 6.7 seconds is 1.3 tha last time I checked, and that's before you even begin to compare the massive differences that there will be in 'in-gear' times.

Does seem to be geared rather low tho, 114mph top speed ??

Reply to
Lordy

Mftr figures and Parkers show 7.8s. OK, maybe a tad more than half a=20 second but close enough to be embarrassing. It's a J reg so doesn't=20 suffer from the eco-friendly engine strangling of the later ones. Oh,=20 and it has a beige interior too. I'm sure =A3100 spent on it could knock=20 a decent amount of time off.

--=20 ________________________ Conor Turton conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ICQ:31909763 ________________________

Reply to
Conor

It's a 205 1.9 GTi TurboTechnics - so sorta factory.

Reply to
Nom

Brother had one of the original dimma/turbo technic 205s and it didn't have one

-- Chet

Chet

Well the one in the pics IS one :) Dunno whether that guage was standard or not.

Reply to
Nom