Cars you've bought and wished you hadn't...

Volvo 480. Broke as fast as you could fix it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Tom De Moor wrote: [snip]

I'd call that an overall win.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I think you should have kept your drivers licence but bugger: ain't those volatile these days.

;-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

LMAO

Reply to
Vamp

Same here :-)

Triumph Acclaim - was technically mum's, but first car, awesome memories :-)

Pug 405 1.6 - Slow, but I was still too young to insure performance - still, awesome memories, mainly involving comedy journies with several mates an everything one of them owned as he was moving home from Uni.

Pug 206 XSi - Comfy, great fun to drive an felt faster than it should've been, probably due to the short gearing. Not a single issue in the whole 3 years, totally reliable - which was lovely. Loved it, miss it!

Clio V6 - Till you've experienced it, you wouldn't beleive the attention these things draw. Barely a day went by without someone gettin their phone out an taking a photo. Parked up waiting for a mate who had just jumped out to get us a drink each (just like, Coke not a beer heh) on the seafront it drew a crowd, an actual crowd he had to push through to get back in! If you're a poser, you'll love it. If you're not, you'll turn into one, and then love it :-) Driving wise, well it was slower than a 3.0 V6 in a Clio should be, sounded utterley amazing and the handling varied because you never were quite sure what it was going to do when you turned...

Clio 197 R27 F1 Team - Best car I owned, fastest too - in every way, beat the Vee in my little straight line 'test'. Brembos that helped it do 100mph to 0 took just over 4 seconds - which was a spec I just had to experience, which was 'interesting' given my dodgy (1 lung) chest and various other ailments. Still, it did it! Handled better than anything I've ever driven (and that includes some nice cars), grip and the confidence it gave you through having so much feedback. Amazing driving experience - loved it the most, miss it the most.

Reply to
DanB

huh those comments on the clio 197 is pretty much what i'd say bout my MR2 Turbo

Reply to
Vamp