Complaint about public transport

Err, buses pay a larger 'RFL' than cars and the same tax on their diesel as anyone else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They get a rebate on fuel used for "Stage Carriage" services.

DG

Reply to
Derek *

And 'Reduced pollution' buses will be paying less 'RFL' than a 6yo 1.6l car:

Nick Finnigan

Or even which way they are going to go.

Reply to
JNugent

Not if used for stage-carriage purposes.

But never mind that - what if each passenger had to pay £5 extra (or even £2 extra) to take a bus into Central London?

Reply to
JNugent

You really shouldn't try to use them when that pissed. They go forwards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Think the basic idea of congestion charging has rather escaped you?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Fear not.

I would never dream of using a bus (in the absence of some unforseen and unforseeable emergency).

Reply to
JNugent

Raising money for doing and providing absolutely nothing, isn't it?

Isn't that why Mad Ken wants to increase the rip-off to £8 a pop?

Why does he want to increase it, if it isn't in order to extort even more money?

Reply to
JNugent

Forgive, but I am not a Londoner and so have no first hand knowledge of the congestion charge or its effects. However, reports suggest that congestion has reduced since the introduction of the charge, and that a significant number of new buses and services have been put in place, some part-paid by the income from the congestion charge. Doesn't sound like providing absolutely nothing to me?

Reply to
Leyland_Leopard

Thought you didn't understand the meaning of congestion.

That would be the 'Mad Ken' recently re-elected by those he has represented well? Despite an all out attempt by the vast majority of the media to prevent it?

If you look up 'congestion', even you then should be able to work it out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But still manage lots of opinions on just how awful they are. Figures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You're right. It has been successful in what it set out to achieve - congestion in the area, and surrounding ones, has been greatly reduced. And perhaps the majority of the bus stock is now up to date.

Of course Mr Nugent is a form of troll who wants to be able to drive and park exactly where he wants to - regardless of the misery and danger unnecessary commuting, etc, causes to those who live in cities.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Eh ?

It raises money by reducing congestion. It works great - congestion has reduced, and money has been raised.

Rip-off ? What ? You don't agree with the London Congestion Charge ?

Duh, to reduce congestion and raise more money. That's the entire point of the charge !

Reply to
Nom
[20 lines snipped]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blimey. Never had you marked down as a Duhg-sock.

Reply to
Huge

Dunno Duhg, I'm afraid. And in any case have enough of my own opinions without mimicking those of others.

I should have made it clear I meant commuting by car. Although I've never seen the sense of travelling hours to work each day anyway. But then my days at work are quite long enough already.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You lucky, lucky man. Bonkers poster to uk.transport.

You don't want to mimic Duhg's postings, anyway. He's an utter loon.

So? Who are you to say what's "necessary"? Besides, public (rail) transport in London is full up. The last thing we need is more people using it.

Me neither, but then I believe that many people have no real choice; I certainly don't.

Reply to
Huge

Dave Plowman (News) ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Because, of course, all tourists have Oyster cards.

How are buses twice the length and 2.5 times the weight meant to solve congestion and pollution problems?

Reply to
Adrian

Ben Blaney ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not yet...

I'm still trying to figure out where the hell I'd park it, otherwise there would be one in the fleet *RIGHT NOW*...

Reply to
Adrian

Trust me, you want to park it somewhere that you don't have to do a three-point turn to get it out. I'm not talking about the length.

Need an aircraft hangar like Jay Leno:

Ben Blaney