Cool car with street cred

Looking for something with some street cred, cool looks and ability.

So far on the list is the mk3 golf but can't seem to fins one with sensible mileage.

any other cars I could add to that list ?

Reply to
magicman

Keep looking?

I don't know, are there? The criteria you specify probably mean something completely different to you than they mean to me, even "sensible" mileage is subjective.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Thanks for that contribution Douglas.

Reply to
magicman

I thought you wanted something with street cred?

Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Proton Persona.

Reply to
SteveH

Nissan Figaro

Ah, start again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I thought the mk3 golf had street cred, has a huge following.

thanks for your input.

Reply to
magicman

So has the Vauxhall Corsa / Nova.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

No no, thank you for your really interesting and well thought out question.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Its not a problem. Anything to help pass your evening :)

Reply to
magicman

Blimey I don't want to get a wave of appreciation from chavs.

Reply to
magicman

Reply to
magicman

Nope, but it has middle aged saddle bags. It was merely Elvis, just pre Vegas. My need a Mk4 for full on morbid obescety.

if you want a nice and appreciated golf, get a MK1 or MK2. The Mk5 appears to be not too bad looking.

You are welcome.

Reply to
Elder

ignore the golf.

Larger engined 3 series with service history. Older Mercs with service histroy. Mk4 Supra Skyline GT/GTS/GTR Corolla AE86 Range Rover. Misubishi Pajero/Shogun Evolution Jag XJ (looks good may not be reliable). Porsche 911 Any Ferrari, even the ugly ones. Aircooled VW golf. Aircooled VW bus.

What is the budget.

Reply to
Elder

You could buy my MR2:

cool!

How about a BX 16v? I have black and grey phase 2 versions available.

Or a Volvo 145 De Luxe, as new condition:

Renault 19 16v? Got one you can have for £30 - couple of weeks MoT left and tax till the end of the week.

Cant say fairer than that guv'nor.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That would be a quite pointless and relatively impressive engine swap.

Reply to
SteveH

Well as far as ability, a Citroen XM Estate has a very big ability to carry lots of things. And it has street cred amongst certain circles.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Take no notice of the guys in here, they will have you buying 20 yr old shit heaps that are unreliable and look crap.

If you can stretch the budget look into getting a Mk4 Golf with higher miles, the 1.8T GTI is the model to get unless you can afford a R32.

Leave the Mk3 alone, the MK4 is much better looking and comes with some nice kit like air con as standard on most models.

Otherwise look into a Audi A3 or even a Bora 1.8T, the Bora is a great car to get as it comes leathered up on some models and you get little extras like rain sensitive wipers and lights that come on when its dark.

Most of all keep it GERMAN :)

Reply to
Ronny

Seconded.

Looks are subjective, the Mk4 is a bit 'fat' for my liking, and frankly aside from the R32 they're all a bit s**te to drive.

And this guy only likes Audi's ;-) Recommending a Bora as something cool FFS.... What's next? A Corolla? I drove a Corolla once, I'd forgotton what it was like within 10 minutes. I think it was black...

What budget are we talking about here? Get a 205 1.9 Gti.

Reply to
DanTXD

Boras are great cars, he's not worried about what its like to drive, hence why he posted about a mk3 Golf. Personally I am not fussed if a car can go round a track in 2 mins or do 0-60 in 5 secs, the German scene is about FAT and heavy, horses for courses :)

It's also about quality and precision, if he requires a "fast" car that is built like shit I would have pointed him towards a Subaru or a Lancer.

If he requires reliability then he needs to look at Jap cars.

Reply to
Ronny

I think the op knows what he wants, and this is the sorta scene you are into, forgive me if I am wrong...

Ronny