Corsa 1.8 SRi

Thinking of buying one.

0-60 in 8.0 looks well impressive for a car with group 9 insurance and they are supposed to handle well.

Anyone have any experience of these??

Reply to
MAd MicK

A 1.8 to do 0-60mph in 8.0 seconds??? The engines either underpowered or the cars overweight.

Reply to
SDD

115bhp i think, my mates brother has one, not bad for the cheap insurance, don't handle badly, don't go badly, but doesn't really do anything well. And the interior is shitty.
Reply to
Dan405

What have you been smoking ?

Reply to
Lordy

A 1.8 to do 0-60mph in 8.0 seconds??? The engines either underpowered or the cars overweight.

Reply to
MAd MicK

they arent very quick, slower than a slightly modifiied XRpoo, ime

Reply to
Theo

Oops. You shouldn't start this.

Here's a smattering from my (current) Datasheet:

Alfa Romeo 1.7 132 PS, 8.4 seconds. BMW MINI Cooper 1.6 115 PS 8.6 seconds. BMW MINI Cooper S 1.6 163 PS 7.4 seconds. Seat Ibiza 1.8T 180 PS 7.2 seconds. Seat Leon 1.8T 210 PS 7.2 seconds.

And here are some to shove the Vauxhall off the scale:

Lotus Elise 1.8 118 PS 6.1 seconds. Lotus Elise 1.8 143 PS 5.4 seconds.

Need more seats?

Daihatsu Sirion 1.3 110 PS 7.9 seconds oh and over 46 mpg Polo G40 1.3 113 PS 7.6 seconds

It's a Corsa. It has good Corsa and bad Corsa points, it's just a bit quicker than a 1.4, which is a bit quicker than a 1.2, which is a bit quicker than the 1.0 model.

Reply to
DervMan

Lightly modded Sierra 1.6L 4.7 secs... on remoulds.

Reply to
Burgerman

Actually your four Golf GTi comparisons fit quite nicely into his 'overweight' category and are acknowledged as being tardy for their class. As a whole tho they are, however, ten times better cars.

fwiw I've 'done' a few Corsa SRi 1.8's before and I'd assumed their 0-60 was around 10 seconds. Eight seems very optimistic, especially bearing in mind the low power output.

Reply to
Lordy

Speaking of things X2 based, I've got a copy of X-Men2 on DVD (single disc, region 2) up for grabs if anyone is interested. Brand new and sealed, first fiver takes it (including p&p).

Now that was a smooth thread hijacking :)

Reply to
Lordy

Make sure it has the factory fitted option of fake burberry baseball cap built into the headlining / top of the head restraint

Reply to
<fishman nineteen at bifgoot dot com>

Don;t you worry about claimed 0-60 times, its 30-70mph thats most important in the real world.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

"MAd MicK" wrote

It can probably do 80mph in 2nd gear or something and is a pig to drive for hill starts or when fully laden! - I wouldn't put it past GM to skew the gearing so that certain figures stand out like that.

Supposed to handle well. Well I guess that was the engineer's brief...

Reply to
<fishman nineteen at bifgoot dot com>

indeed, but as I have seen it, I will decline.

Reply to
Theo

Didn't specifically mean you... gone now anyway :)

Reply to
Lordy

I think it's 125 PS the ecotec 1.8 16v as fitted in the corsa 1.8 SRi.

8.0 is a realistic time as my wifes astra which has the same engine in it has a 60 time of 8.5. It's a very nice engine.

Makes sense a smaller lighter car can do it quicker.

Plus the 1.8's got Traction Control :-) (NOTE THE SMILEY)

LL

Reply to
LiviLion

I'd say closer to nine, bearing in mind the book time for the Mk3 2.0

16V is only 8.5 seconds, and that has more power and torque.

Either way, on the offchance a Corsa could get near that mark it's surely not indicative of other acceleration times throughout the range as a whole.

Lighter car is not to be confused with 'light' car tho.

Smiley indeed, seeing as Vauxhall Traction Control is literally the

*worst* system ever invented :/
Reply to
Lordy

I beg to differ, I have no proof but I am *sure* someone will have made something worse :)

Reply to
Theo

Don't knock the traction control, I presently own a 2.2 Vectra and it has saved me wrapping the car on more than 1 occasion!!

Reply to
MAd MicK

How?

Reply to