Dervy, drag your Ka against a proper MR2!

see if you beat this off the line in the KA :)

Vamp

I shouldn't be beating any MR2 off the line! :)

Reply to
DervMan

one day my beast will meet your.................kermit and we'll see :)

Reply to
Vamp

Should be a piece of piss, with that 1.8 sec reaction time ;)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

think that's hours :) he must of fell asleep!

surely that thing could make the 9's easily!

Reply to
Vamp

I didnt think reaction time had a bearing on the qm time? i must be grossly mistaken.

Reply to
Theo

Well, they start timing when the light goes green so it's hard for it not to be a bit of a bearing on it :)

Altho 1.8 seconds sounds like a poor reaction, with 700PS under the bonnet it was probably more to do with trying to get a good start than an actual 'reaction'.

Reply to
Lordy

Not sure about serious races but the Crail quarter mile times where is was timed do not include the reaction time. The ET doesn't start till you cross the start line. The poor reaction time probably had more to do with him trying to get a good launch of the line rather than trying to second guess the lights and messing up the start.

Reply to
Homer

But we know what'll happen... that blue MR2 was starting off in third or something.

Reply to
DervMan

The timing for the run starts when you cross the beam, the reaction time is added to this figure to get a total time for the run, to see who crossed the line first. An RT of 1.8 would suggest it was a practice run rather than a head to head.

Reply to
Andrew Jewitt

Bah where's your sense of fun :)

Reply to
Vamp

Same place we broke the engine mount! :p

Reply to
DervMan