Driving Days

Does anyone know where I can get one the driving day packages that are sold in WH Smiths and everyother gift shop but for the who day without costingthe earth. Dont know if its me but I keep thinking I'm paying two peoples profit.

They all seem to want £300 for 30 min driving. For £300 I would prefer the day or of much of it as possible.

Full and or Half day wanted.

Thanks

Reply to
dino

there normally deals done with at certain tracks at silverstone ect i think, could try calling the tracks direct?

Reply to
Vamp

Bah, have a look at

You can hire one of these little race cars for £250. You get a practice session, 2 heat races and then the final. You get full trackside support, all spare parts are included if anything goes wrong, oil, fuel and everything else to run the car. You just need to bring a race suit and helmet. And don't forget, this isn't a lame drive around the track with an instructor (they don't tend to let you off the leash too much), or a track day; this is a proper race car, in a proper race against other racing drivers.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

What car do you drive yourself?

You might find that the brand has a club that organises trackdays, and=20 places like Anglesey track have people who can do instructor laps with=20 you in the price. if you get enough people you can usually get it down=20 to =A3120 for the day, and learn the limits of your own car.

Even driving your own on the track without speed limits and pedestrians=20 is a really enjoyable and different experience, and you don't need to=20 worry about wrapping a Ferrari or Lambo until you have a feel for non=20 road driving.

Have you thought about rally schools too, learning to throw a bare=20 minimal Escort with pinto power arround a forest is far more fun, than=20 going round and round and round, no matter how exotic the car.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

What car do you drive yourself?

You might find that the brand has a club that organises trackdays, and places like Anglesey track have people who can do instructor laps with you in the price. if you get enough people you can usually get it down to £120 for the day, and learn the limits of your own car.

Even driving your own on the track without speed limits and pedestrians is a really enjoyable and different experience, and you don't need to worry about wrapping a Ferrari or Lambo until you have a feel for non road driving.

Have you thought about rally schools too, learning to throw a bare minimal Escort with pinto power arround a forest is far more fun, than going round and round and round, no matter how exotic the car.

Reply to
dino

How do you find them to drive. they were on my shortlist along with a an MR2 GT/G LTD, a Prelude VTEC, and a Celica GT.

I've heard one of the better ones is the Welsh mountain rally school, but I imagine that there are other good ones.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

The Mx6 is a little soft on the suspension but a great drive. I had one for over 3 years now and not looking to get rid of it. I've looked around at the usual bunch and nothing compares for cost. Even to the point of Supra's

300Zx. They maybe a lot faster accoring to the figures but not in reality.

Worth a look. Especially the cost of them now.

Reply to
dino