Toy truck value

Got a dilemma. I've got a seriously sweet 1996 T100, 4x4, 5 speed, extended cab, SR5, loaded, 96K miles in near mint condition.

I'm concerned about fuel prices and unfortunately the T100 gets around 19 MPG. Been thinking I should get rid of the truck and pick up a VW TDI (turbo diesel).

The Kelly Blue Book lists the value as $8250. Nada lists the value between 8,400 to $10,575. Edmunds lists the value as being $8,652.

These values seem low for a truck of this caliber. What do you folks think?

Reply to
Ben Johnson

Yeah that is a nice truck! I would keep it...

Reply to
notmyrealname

I'm just having a hard time with the low values. I know other cars sometimes bring more than book value - I was just wondering. I love the truck - it drives like a dream.

Unfortunately, oil is so unstable, I don't think I can afford to keep it. That's pretty much the bottom line.......

Reply to
Ben Johnson

The truth is that you'll regret selling it for the rest of your life. I have a few cars and bikes in my past like that...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

heck Anthony,

do what I want to do, (in your case keeping the t100, Im looking/found for one) and find a highmilage honda or womething (read that as cheap) to run everyday with, :-) that is what I am doing this weekend. I bought the daughter a 92 accord, had 180k on it for 2200, it now has 230 replaced the radiator and clutch slave cylinder, the dang thing stull runs great...

BTW everything is relatve on "book value". I think everyone "in the market" is thinking the same as you about gas $, I know I am. I figured my blazer had street value of 5500 easy quick sell price, and went to a dealer had a t100 4x4 xcab (cannot rememeber it was not sr5) 3.4 auto, it has 150k miles on it they wanted 6900. they figured they give me 2000 on trade when i talked to them, I walked out pretty pissed. They grudgingly went up as high as 3k, needless to say we didnt deal.

I put that blazer in the paper (book says worth 5500 trade in value you know, and it looks good) for the trade in value, it was there a month finally it sold. Same with ones on the lots I been watching, they start out at 9900 sell for 7000 all said and done, buying outright... least the one I am going to pickup is cheaper than "book". It helps if they dont sell it right away too. I called 5 places about similiar t100's BTW but I wanted the 2wd 5sp for mileage best I could, most were ready to deal (been 30 days since I called them the 1st time).

use my information only as a reference btw, as you know YMMV.

Plow...

Anth>> >

Reply to
Plowboy