End of term test.

Of the three it is the Magentis I like, especially the leather optioned V6 ones.

OK, not the cheapest car to run, which is what I want but I bet with a bit of straight pipe when the exhaust rots you could make it sound quite nice.

Reply to
Elder

First, need us to discuss what makes a German car a German car? Is it the badge, where it is constructed, or something else...? :)

Reply to
DervMan

At this point I am glad that 0% of your plans ever make it to fruition.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Like my old Skoda 120L. Simple to fix, but needed lots of twiddling and tweaking. Rusty, but thick metal so a long time to rust through.

Reply to
Elder

One day, one will. It will be a crazy mad contraption but will rule the world.

Reply to
Elder

Depends. I mean nobody could accuse the boxster of being german if it is based on where it was built. Mind you, no one could accuse it of being a sports car either. They are churned out in an updated tractor factory in Usakapunki, Finland, along side Skodas, Saab convertibles and still some tractors.

Reply to
Elder

I'll put Ripleys on my speed dial. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well, that and the fact that it was only bought as a stop gap anyway, while my main car (A6) was in the bodyshop. Even managed to ebay it for nigh on £800 more than I paid for it ;-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep: your lamenting concerning the Skoda reminds me of the FSO.

Mind you: that's a positif point :-)

The best for 2007!

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Why? Ever driven one? Sat in one? Read a bad review of one?

Reply to
Iridium

My 1983 Triumph Acclaim HL never broke down :-D Hurrah!

Reply to
Iridium

I can, do and will. The Boxster is ace.

Reply to
DervMan

I've got one of them too. Anyone got a spare Honda badge?

David

Reply to
David Lane

British cars are?

Reply to
David Lane

Ssanyong? Tata?

Reply to
David Lane

Depends on your perspective. If you need something for the shopping they're not ideal, meh.

Reply to
DervMan