Excercises for long distance truck driver

Hi everybody my name is Conor and I drive a truck..the problem is due to this I don't get any excersise, this makes me very grumpy and weird, what would you suggest I should do to get a bit more blood flowing round the system?

Thanks

Conor

Reply to
conor

Pffffffft, that's nowhere near good enough to fool anyone. You're not Conor AICMFP.

Reply to
brass monkey

No regular/reliable hookers at yer truck stops?

Reply to
Existential Angst

All been murdered.

Reply to
Clive George

In message , conor writes

That sounds like you're introducing yourself at the weekly meeting of Truckers Anonymous.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I thought you did something else other than drive lorries now.

Reply to
Mr. Benn

If you noticed, that wasn't me making the posts and yes, I've been out of the industry for coming up to 2 years.

Reply to
Conor

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 06:39:47 -0700, conor boggled us with:

This is clearly not "our" Conor as it's far too polite ;-)

Reply to
Mike P

I recommend a web search on terms like joint health and mobility. What you'll find will be bodyweight-only exercises of the kind you can do for a lifetime. They aren't hard, and they make a great warmup to a more strenuous program. Once you get to a certain age - I'm in my mid-50's - you'll want to be doing them every morning.

Below is a link to the book "Super Joints" by Pavel Tsatsouline. Disclaimer: It uses an affiliate ID, which means I make money if you buy it, but you can also vist the link without the "apid=" part if you wish, and in addition, the book is available at amazon.com and elsewhere.

-S-

Steve Freides

I spend most of my day sitting as well, and I have found that it isn't hard to get in a bit of a workout throughout the day if you are prepared.

Throw a dumbbell in the cab of your truck. When you stop for fuel (or whatever) do some one-armed cleans and presses, a few goblet squats, and maybe find a place to do some pullups. It doesn't take much time to drastically increase your strength.

Jason

Reply to
Jason Earl

Heh, a nice proof that delusion dishonesty.

Heh, if I were this delusional, I don't know that I could be this honest.....

Reply to
Existential Angst

Yeah, but Jason, this guy's gotta scrounge up (and pay for) hookers, and you've got, like, six wives at home. Right away, you've got a big, uh, heads up on him, strungf-wise.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Start with some spelling exercises, "Conor".

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Well that's news to me.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Perhaps it WAS him in the tights?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

But is it good news?

Reply to
Conor

Not for Mrs T.

Reply to
Steve Firth

More importantly why are truck drivers such antisocial bastards?

Reply to
Wayne and Waynetta Slob

Two people in a cab isn't going to be much of a rave is it now?

Reply to
Brimstone

Thanks Jason, that what I was after

Reply to