F1 Fun

The look on the Ferarri guy's faces as their celebrations were cut short was priceless...

Reply to
Abo

Talk about being a lucky bastard. It'll have the conspiracy theorists going for weeks though.

Reply to
Conor

Before the race, I said to my mate "I'm no so fussed who wins, I just hope it's exciting and not like the rest of the races have been this season".

Yep, that was exciting enough for me :-) Those few laps were crazy! I felt for Massa, and it's a shame he'd been shuffled off to the podium before Hamilton got there, as he'd have been the first to congratulate him on the championship. I wouldn't like to have been the guy on the radio to Massa... "You're the champion Felippe!" and then 30 seconds later "Erm, actually Felippe, you're not, sorry about that, hope you didn't get too excited..."

Hamilton'll make a decent, squeaky clean champion for Bernie to sell, although his ego and arrogance will be (even more) unbearable heh.

Reply to
DanB

Notice how Hamilton shook Glock's hand after he got out of his car.... ;-)

Reply to
DanB

Filling the void left by Schumacher then. :-)

Reply to
JackH

Rude not to, I'd have thought.

Reply to
JackH

Absolutely!

Dunno what Glock or Toyota would have to gain from it, other than Glock taking a bung from McLaren but that couldn't have been arranged in-race. Unless you see Glock in a Toyota powered McLaren next year lol

If you believe Ron Dennis then they knew Glock was dropping back fast and they took the decision not to race Vettel too hard and concentrate on Glock. If this is true then I bet a few McLaren arses were nipping at the end there...

Reply to
Abo

You're right, Massa seems like an OK guy to me. Shame about all the booing at the end though

Reply to
Abo

Not if they bother to check the timing charts first ;-)

Glock was on dries - did a 1:44:731 on the last lap - Trulli, also on dries a 1:44:800.

Hamilton did a 1:26:126 - bettered by Webber with a 1:25:042, Heidfeld on 1:25:477 and Vettel on 1:25:984.

Nothing to conspire about ITYF.

Great race and deserved title.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Ego and arrogance? I've not noticed it. If anyone is guilty of that it's Alonso, especially when he was a team mate with LH last year. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Heh, that feud wasn't as one sided as the tabloids made out I'm sure. I'm not really sure what Alonso has to do with this mind, but anyway, yea I think Lewis is very arrogant - I mean, you'd expect him to be, he's an F1 driver afterall, but for me, it's just getting a bit much. Of course, this is just how he comes across to me, I wouldn't expect everyone to agree, indeed I know a lot of people that just love him, and he can do and say no wrong!

Reply to
DanB

IMO few F1 drivers are arrogant. I think M Shumacher was. I think Alonso is, but as far as the others go, I see little signs of it.

I've never heard LH expressing contempt of, or running down other drivers. I don't recall him ever saying or intimating that he thinks he's better than any of his rivals. In fact as with most other drivers, he gives the credit for his successes to his team, rather than to his own abilities, and unlike some drivers is all too ready to sign autographs for his fans. Hardly the behaviour of an arrogant person IMO, and not a view shared by the likes of Jackie Stewart, Nikki lauda, Damon Hill, and other ex F1 champions.

Maybe you'd like to give some examples of what you believe shows him to be arrogant.

but for me, it's just getting a bit much. Of course, this

I'm a fan of his, but he's certainly not beyond criticism. He is not exactly a mature F1 driver at present. He's made some stupid mistakes in his short career in F1, which I put down to youth and inexperience. I'm sure his overall performance will improve with time, and along with many others, believe he has the ability to eclipse M shumachers record of wins and world championships.

I really don't understand why so many are ready to criticise him and belittle his performance. He's our first and youngest british F1 champion since 1996. That surely deserves respect. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I think that sums it up, and he achieved it despite the unfair penalties he received from the FIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Odd isn't it how Alonso came in second. Alonso who said he would do whatever it takes for hamilton not to win. Alonso who had he come in first would have guaranteed Hamilton the championship.

I wonder what excuse he'll give his Renault bosses for not catching and passing Massa.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I haven't noticed any from Hamilton either - certainley no more than other drivers anyway. I expect one has to have a pretty big ego to drive an F1 car anyway. As for Massa, I don't have any sympathy at all. He's been gifted at least 7 points by the FIA this year and shown no humility about it, especially with the Sutil pit incident in Valencia "I'm in a Ferrari, he should get out my way" and again with Bourdais in Fuji.

Alonso just makes me laugh. I didn't used to like him one bit, but I think some of his comments are more to wind others up, than what he actually means. I get the impression that he doesn't perform as well unless he thinks the world is against him - he publicly said bad things about Renault in both his title-winning seasons. It was nice to see him say Hamilton deserved the title yesterday.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Well, Massa was miles ahead, I don't think Alonso had the pace to catch him, I don't really think he needs an excuse, he can't just catch and pass everyone whenever he feels like it...

Reply to
DanB

Yea that was nice to see, and I must admit, I'm weirdly warming to him as well, and I agree he doesn't always mean quite exactly what he says heh.

Reply to
DanB

Does he need any other excuse than reality? His car was slower , so he couldn't catch Massa.

FA has bought himselve some credit in the last 5 months: he very needed that. Luckily for him Piquet did prove not to be a second Hamilton.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Harsh dude. I think he's had a lot of 'coaching' at McLaren about how to talk to the media, which may come across as being a it cocky. In reality I don't believe in is. A friend of my works at McLaren and has worked with both Hamilton and Kovalienen (sp?) and says they're both likeable and knowledgeable chaps.

Personally it's got me interested in F1 again after years of not watching (along with many others I reckon), so that can't be a bad thing, especially with a British world champion. Shame rallying hasn't currently got a similar local hero!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Have you heard her voice? (Not the singing voice, mind, but how she talks..... doesn't matter how limber and bendy she is with a voice that annoying)

Reply to
SteveH