FAO Vamp (or anyone else who knows about MR2s)

What does a half decent Mk1 cost? I could be tempted to get one as a second car, with something horrible like a Diesel estate for going to work in / moving my bike with / passengers, and run an MR2 on classic insurance...

Reply to
Doki

On ebay: For a bad example I would say £200-300 Good condition, in a desirable colour £500-800 Minter, t-bar, supercharger £1k+

Just scan around and you should find some.

Reply to
REMUS

How about a mk2:

Depresion

hideous

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

insurance...

hideous

Reply to
REMUS

What is it then? looks like a MK2 to me, 1991 = mk2 MR2

Reply to
ronny

Woops read your post wrong lol, my bad :)

Reply to
ronny

well mate when my turbo comes i'll be looking at £800 ono for my beast, rare mine is too, full early spec mk1 interior and engines. early engines were better apparently but if i was keeping it i'd defo upgrade the 80's brakes! still i've had worse brakes, i had an AX :)

mines a nice jewish racing gold to which is pretty rare!

Reply to
Vamp

Can you get cheap classic insurance on them?

How rusty is it?

Reply to
SteveH

sills all welded up recently so will last years after that. 2 rusty-ish front wings and a bit on the roof on the drivers side. other than that A ok.

give you an idea i can get classic insurance and limited 3k miles a year for £150 at 22, not bad!

Reply to
Vamp

Hmmm. Tempting.

No, must fix the Golf first. The missus would kill me if I bought another slightly ropey around the edges 'project'.

Reply to
SteveH

go on you know you want it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Will you take installments of £100 a month for it? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Actually, i'm thinking about this more and more. Where was that insurance quote from? Didnt you have something done to the engine too?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs