attn Vamp - First mod

Well first MOD is now in :) ive only had it 24 hours,

Pics

Before

After

Ronny

Reply to
ronny

NIIIIIIIIICE!

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ron.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Oooooh, that was quick. Looks very bright.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

How much?

Reply to
Andy R

I've had them 2 yrs m8, they were in my old Audi, but now installed in the new one, about £300.00 piss easy to fit.

I now have projector headlights and the difference is amazing, very sharp cut off its great,

Reply to
ronny

REVO chip is going in, in approx 2 hours, will let you know how it is, the guy said every trial he has had, has sold the chip, he reckens I should be seeing 210-215bhp from a standard 163bhp with guarantee's from revo not causing any engine damage, the clutch is the only week point, which will need to be uprated somtime in the future, it has a dual Mass clutch if that means anythign to you techies.

Jonny you going to get yours done? or are you waiting till its run in properly?

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Its good ... lets just leave it at that lol :)

Reply to
Ronny

more please ron

Reply to
Theo

Well it was installed about 1pm, it now pulls real hard right up to 6-7k rpm, before the turbo used to sorta work between 3k and 5k, it now pulls in

1st like it just wants to keep going, im going on the motorway in about 20 mins, so will give it a proper test, he advised me to run it on 97-98 octane fuel but if I run it on 95 it would retard to accomadate this.

The process took around 10 mins, but he also said the ECU will adjust to your driving style, and the car will perform real well, then when it activates the knock sensor's it will know its at its peak and notch down a bit, this is the optimum point of the car.

Reply to
Ronny

Well I have now driven it on the motorway, and I would actually say its too fast...does that make sense?

Before when driving it, it was comfortable and had that bit of torque when you needed it, now its just flat out all the time, it is nice dont get me wrong, I just think the drivability has been sacraficed :(

I will go out tonight and give it another try, its very fast now though.

Perhaps im getting old :)

Ronny

Reply to
ronny

you old git ronny :) how much the car weigh in at? bhp wise aint far off what my MR2 turbo will be and that weighs in at a nice 1100kg's

Reply to
Vamp

In news:9rf7d.825$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, ronny decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, my Sierra is a bit like that. I'm forever wafting round town in 5th gear lately..

No substitute for a great big wedge of torque.

Reply to
Pete M

Two flywheels connected by dampers, I think.

Reply to
Doki

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Doki decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*snort*
Reply to
Pete M

?
Reply to
Doki

You're right, it's just the things they have to do to make some engines bearable.... Normally a diesel stunt the dual mass job innit?

Reply to
Pete M

Yep. Everyone should produce RWD Straight sixes. Says the man who's spent an an afternoon looking for a 405 TD estate, and thinking "I'll get rid of it as soon as they'll insure me on a SAAB T16"...

Reply to
Doki

In article , snipped-for-privacy@spamtroNspidar.com=20 spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

You want to watch the T16 though. Prices are going up. I wanted shot, and couldn't hang onto it so I let=20 it go for =A3900, but good ones, and you do want a good one, are going in= =20 excess of a grand for a T16, and in excess of =A31500-2000 for a late=20 T16S, upto =A33-5k if it has been rarely driven and stored in a bubble=20 (yes some do exist like that). Convertables in good nick regularly make=20 =A34k+ without being better than average.

--=20 Carl Robson (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

MeatballTurbo

Ronny's A4 weighs about 58 tons :)

Reply to
Nom

Shut up or I'll be buying 900s instead of GEBs... ;)

I'll be buying one as soon as I've got the cash lying around and find a nice one. So about 6 weeks or so if I'm lucky.

Reply to
Doki