fiat coupe

just been out in a 20v turbo, must say I'm very impressed with the speed and handling, what an excellent bit of kit, had me grinning quite a bit...

Reply to
Theo

Were you out in it long enough for summet to bust ;)

I.e. more than about 5 minutes ;)

Seriously though, i'd have one :)

Reply to
Dan405

all night, and oh what a sound.

Reply to
Theo

Just bought a 99 (V) plate 20VT+ myself and I'm VERY pleased with it.

General opinion is that as long as it's been services as per book and kept topped up with oil between they're about as reliable as any other car of it's age.

Mine has done 46k and I will prob change the cambelt at the next major service for peace of mind - most places will do it for under £500 these days.

The fact that Fiat didn't actually build them probably helps a great deal :)

Adam M

I looked into buying one a few months ago - and my findings certainly don't tie in with yours :) Suffice to say, I didn't buy one !

Reply to
Nom

Yeah, Pininfarina did a great job on my 306...

(I'm sorry, was I being sarcastic?).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

lol

..it would appear no-one can build anything associated with the French (even if only by name) well ;)

Adam M

Rubbish! They never go wrong!

..from my 'research' (who am I kidding? I would of bought one regardless!) on the owners list it's always the same old names coming back with problems. i.e. if you buy a decent one in the 1st place, and these still fetch good money whatever Parkers tells you, and you continue to take care of them then it will serve you well.

As I've seen posted on here many times before, ignore an Italian car at your peril!

I'm inclined not to take 'problem forums' too seriously, after all not many people post each day to tell everyone that everything is working just great.

I dont think I'll be modding mine either, it's mainly the modded ones with issues from what I've seen. Speaks volumes that my Cupra did 20k miles running nearly 50% more power and didn't so much as use a drop of oil or even hint at letting me down. Chalk and cheese car wise though.

Out of interest, what did you buy in the end?

Adam M

Doesn't matter though - when the TI busts, it's cheap and easy to fix. You don't need to remove the engine, to swap a coolant hose, for example !

Well you're a braver man than me !

Oooh, what Cupra did you have ? I like the Leon Cupra R plenty.

I didn't, yet !

Reply to
Nom