Flashing Speed Sign Question

I have driven a few different vehicles past these and either every one of their speedos is faulty or these things are inaccurate, for example drive up to one of them at an indicated 35mph and it will show 31 and flash, anyone else noticed this?

Reply to
Me

Sounds normal, speedometers aren't accurate and always read high.

Reply to
Homer

Most speedos over read. By up to 3 mph at 30. But that's only regs - some are worse.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

10% is the normal tolerance for Speedo's. Check your own with a GPS and you will see.
Reply to
Smog

Err no, it's*you* speedo that is faulty, or rather working within spec which permits it to over-read by a maximum of 10%+2mph.

Reply to
Steve Firth

yep tested this with gps, gps read 37mph speedo read 40mph dunno what it read when the coppers special tool read 119mph mind, probably read 'warp 9' :)

Reply to
Vamp

As everybody else has said, it's quite normal. Inside European limits, our Ka's speedo is optimistic to somewhere between 7% and 8%.

Reply to
DervMan

Is this meant to be some kind of a pisstake ?

Reply to
LordyUK

Yeah, each and every speedo will be overreading.

Reply to