FS: Citroen Xantia Activa 2.0T for spares

Right - this is the car I found by chance at a local garage who'd taken it in part-ex and just wanted rid. It was ideal and cheap enough to take a punt
at even if not all the bits I wanted were good. Mine had a leaking Hydractive II gizmo-doobris and a leaking front hydraulic ram, as well as flood damage affecting various electrical bits.
This Xantia started off as a runner, with a good running engine (slightly tappety as they all are, but if anything slightly quieter than mine), but there could be something up with either the turbo or some sort of sensor (O2? MAF?) as it didn't feel as quick as mine by quite a margin - didn't appear to be leaking oil or making any strange noises either, so I honestly doubt the turbo's knackered, but I make no promises.
But anyway - good points are: clutch felt fine, gearbox changed smoothly as it should, and brakes all felt spot on. Interior's in decent nick - overall the bodywork isn't bad, but it has got something like "JOHN 1" scratched on both rear quarters! Though it does appear to be a good straight shell. It's the deep red they mostly came in, and has the standard spoiler as you'd expect.
Bad points (reason original owner got shot) - rear suspension wouldn't go down, but as you'll see, this is largely irrelevant.....
Bit's I've had removed from it:
all 4 spheres (as they were all pretty new and I wanted them in mine) front hydaulic ram hydractive II unit alarm ECU (the thing that's under the front passenger seat) central locking gear from the n/s/f door possibly some sort of little module from the gearbox where the speedo cable connects to it
So it'll need a low loader. Also, the guy that sold it to me wants the wheels back, so it'll also need the proud new owner to turn up with some wheels that'll fit, just so it can roll.
So in short, here's what it's good for:
2.0T engine (possibly with turbo issues - could be just sensors/ecu related) Decent gearbox Decent brakes all round Rear hydraulic ram (possibly) Interior Mildly tatty but overall straight bodyshell Bumpers (scuffed in places, but better than nothing if your current one's badly bruised). Virtually brand new radiator in it too (forgot to mention this) Exhaust (haven't had a close look but didn't strike me as rotten, though it does the typical 'farting' noise around 2k rpm - I say typical as it's the 2nd Activa I've heard do this out of a total of 2 I've driven!) - Cat would seem ok going on the lack of any dodgy eggy smells.
What should I be asking for this? I'm not going to be too fussy as I just want it gone and it's costing me storage by the day - I'd rather see it go to an appreciative home than anything, but I'd quite like to get something back for it. Oh, and it's an N reg.
Located in Wokingham, Berkshire.

Not trying to be funny ... "nothing". Seriously.
Ian

Agreed, I'd eBay, 99p no reserve. Someone trailoring it away is doing you a favour heh.
--
Dan
Clio V6

99p auctions with no reserve - YKIMS.
I have just had four finishing in the last hour. Couple of decent pieces, couple of bits of dust collectors from the house.
135 thank you very much.
That'll buy my megasquirt kit for the Sylva :-)
much like they were saying:

You'd be surprised. The 2.0T engine is much in demand amongst the Peugeot boys - I sold the engine & box out of a 2.0T XM I broke for about £250.
gurgled happily, sounding

Advertise it on some of the car cruising or boy racer sites and you will be amazed how much money you get. There is always someone wanting to do an engine transplant. Don't give it away, especially not to someone that offers to take it because that's all they will do!

Fair enough. Is that an offer? :-)
I've heard that the engines are popular with the 205GTI boys as a conversion, and go for 250 to 400 quid, but this isn't just an engine, it's a car with lots of bits removed that's potential hassle to someone (as it is to me). It's 15 minutes down the road to get to it to take photos of it in order to stick it on ebay, etc etc, and it's costing me in storage in the mean time. In short, I can't be arsed with all that aggro for something that'll maybe get 100 quid at most (realistically) less fees etc.
I'm tempted to chuck it on freecycle and see if it goes, but if anyone can collect by about midday on Monday (that'll be Christmas Eve), and make good use of it, they're more than welcome.
Peter

You won't sell it to anyone on here, in the same way no one wanted my mot-less, tax-less BX when I sold it. But as I said earlier, with the Mi16 engine getting harder to get hold of, the 2.0T conversion has become popular with the 205 boys, meaning they'll pay silly money for them.
If I had a trailer I'd come and get, bring it home and remove the engine/box/loom and make a few hundred quid! But unfortunately I dont. How about just getting it on the 205 GTi drivers forum for 200 - I'm sure someone would take it!
In article
You are being funny. Cars have a scrap value these days - about 50 quid.
--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

AstraVanMan wrote:

If you deliver, I'll swap you the 10 gallons of used engine oil in my garage for it.
I want to keep the containers though, so you'll have to bring something to decant it into.
(c:
--
Douglas

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:33:26 -0000, AstraVanMan

Pull the engine, loom & ecu to flog to the gti boys, the rear brake calipers for yourself & trailer it to the scrappy.
I've put word out on the CCC website - there's people there like Activas.
Circumcising your spamtrapped email will get to you?

Indeed it will.
And for anyone else reading, it's now on ebay (I just posted this but inadvertently emailed it to Adrian - the whole CTRL+R / CTRL+G confusion....)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item00184649323
Peter
says...

So, engine that doesn't boost, suspension that doesn't droop, and no wheels.
Someone in Hull must need a new garden ornament surely?
--
Carl Robson
Audio stream: http://www.bouncing-czechs.com:8000/samtest

Tim can have it - I'll hire a trailer and we'll meet at Leicester Forest East services :-)
And read again - it's not suspension that doesn't droop - just simply suspension that doesn't.
Peter