FS: Lancia Dedra Turbo

No, not the "Black Beauty"

I'm doing up a dedra (almost as I type, please excuse the oily prints on the keyboard)

It's red with grey suede interior.

Bloody quick. I'm sure it's quicker than my other one, despite being the later model with a catalyst. The engine sounds a LOT better too.

Spoke to the previous owner (bought the car from a dealer who didn't know what it was) - in the last year he had treated it to a new clutch, wheel bearing and wishbone. He also fitted a boost guage.

I'm fitting Monroe front shocks and Gabriel rear shocks, wing mirror, foglight, ABS sensors.. the list goes on.

The bodywork is nice and the alloys are in good nick (look reconditioned) and it has four good tyres. The exhaust looks pretty new too.

Bad points - the driver's seat trim isn't great. Despite having a new clutch less than a year ago, the release bearing is occasionally noisy (the previous owner said he did fit a new bearing at the time). There's a dent (almost totally un-noticeable) on the N/S rear door. The paint isn't great on the rear spoiler, or the wing mirrors (mustn't go well onto plastic)

It's in red - not many red dedras around. Makes it look a bit like an Alfa if you see it from the back. It's a late 1993 model on a UEU plate - which I am told means it is an ex FIAT Group fleet car. Lancia pulled out of the UK market shortly after this car was registered, so it's one of the very last RHD Lancias ever...

Why not keep this red one and sell the Black Beauty? I must admit I'm tempted, but "better the devil you know" and the black one has sentimental value. This red one is a project to sell on. I don't want to get attached.

This is a great stealth performer. Parts aren't such a pain to get hold of as people think, and you tap into a great community of Lancia owners who are only too happy to help you out with anything Lancia. You get real exclusivity (stand on a motorway bridge and count the number of Lancias - you'll be lucky to see one), whilst benefiting from anominity - a car nobody knows can't really have an image problem can it? Oh - and 1990s Lancias don't have a rust problem. A company who suffered so badly with the rusty reputation have pulled out all the stops to prevent rust on their newer vehicles.

So how about becoming a "Lancisti"? I'm looking for OIRO £1500. I met someone who sold an almost identical car for £1700 so you're looking at a bargain.

Reply to
Fishman

Good break pads for 406, mines due some new ones again after 10kish miles.

Can any one recommend them?

Reply to
Cheater2k

I could recommend starting a new thread :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hmmm. I usually know a bargain when I'm looking at it, and it doesn't sound like one to me... unless the identical car sold for £1,700 in

1996... It must be the most expensive Fiat Tempra I've seen yet.

Bargains are the XM V6s just posted to the XM list for £200 ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Nope, Dedra *Turbos* fetch decent money, especially the '93 and incredibly rare '94 ones. Plus this one has a UEU plate - ex FIAT fleet. I've also given the prospective buyer a *lot* of haggling room - I'll take sensible offers below the asking.

I didn't. In fact I robbed the guy selling it IMHO.

Reply to
Fishman

I think you mean are _advertised_ at silly money. If anyone around here knows their Italian cars, it's me, and I know that a Dedra Turbo isn't worth anywhere near that much.

Last one I looked at was an absolute minter, 100k miles, new turbo, full history, no scratching to the body or wear in the interior.

The guy had been trying to sell for a couple of months at £1200 with no luck, I was willing to go to £800 for it, but he wouldn't take less than a grand. Months later when I moved away from the area it was _still_ for sale.

Which sort of suggests that the values are on the floor at the moment.

No-one wants a boring 3-box saloon from a defunct (in the UK) manufacturer with an engine that complex.

Reply to
SteveH

Just pulled up at the side of a Delta HF in a local shop. Lovely looking thing, the g/f is dribbling over it and mentions that it's a 16V, to which I reply 'no it's not, it's an 8V' thinking that the owner has been playing with badges. I glance over and bless me if the little old steering wheel isn't over on the left hand side :)

Reply to
Lordy

Just like some Alfa Romeos then ! :)))

Reply to
Lordy

Heh, yeah.

The big difference being that Lancia change very little other than styling.

Reply to
SteveH

I've yet to see a Tempra for more than a grand up here - except when they were 'nearly new', of course. I could have got a diesel S.W. for £600 on an M plate, with good history and low mileage, but my girlfriend doesn't like them.

I like the Tempra 1.8ie with digital dash. Twincam, nice, and unusual. And £50, but the subframes rust.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Oh, yeah, forgot that you've previously been down this road ;-)

But you don't count anymore 'cos you've gone all sensible and Kraut ;-)

I'd prefer my Dedra Integrale with an Alfa Romeo badge ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

goes routing through archive to find something from Steve about "the 155 Q4 is just a Tipo with a nasty Torsen 'yeuchhh' diff"... ;-)

Having used and abused one for a while I'd have to agree, but even Lancia dealerships in this country ( and they mainly shut back in '95 ) are better than Alfa ones..

Then again, I used to get all my Lancia bits of Miki Biasions place in Bassana Del Grappa anyway.

Reply to
Pete M