Lancia Thema Series 3 LS Turbo...

My friend part exchanged his absolutely mint Thema Turbo for an equally mint Thema 8.32 Ferrari last week.

The person who sold him the Ferrari is now flogging the Turbo for only £1500 in Manchester!

The Turbo in question is basically concours condition, even at 150k miles. Had a brand new turbo fitted this year, has always had 10-60 Agip synthetic racing oil changed every 3k miles. Once anything went even slightly wrong it was replaced. It was maintained regardless of cost.

I am so, SO tempted! I've been in and driven that car many times and the acceleration is brutish - it tears your face off!

I've gone off big cars but... for £1500!

Reply to
fishman

Was the 8.32 the first ever front drive transverse V8 Steve?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No bloody idea.

Probably, only the Italians would try something so crazy.

Reply to
SteveH

Nope, Cadillac did it with the Allante about 2 years previous...then again, that was the silliest production line in the world. Detroit to Milan to Detroit in 767s...

And, as usual, they were involved...

Reply to
Pete M

ahhh- this

4.1 litre, 170bhp - the italians must have been either laughing or crying!
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Steve you get me a /Series 3/ Thema LS turbo for £500 with an MOT and I will drink a litre of Head and Shoulders.

Reply to
fishman

If i had one, i would sell you at £500, no matter how good nick it was in, just to see you drink that head and shoulders... :)

Reply to
Dan405

Finding a Thema Turbo is a bit of a mission, but that doesn't matter, as all I'd pay for one is £500 - that's probably more than it's worth in the trade, too.

Reply to
SteveH