German Electrics

3rd 156 wiper motor replacement in as many years.

Made by Bosch.

The only bits of Mrs H's 156 that have gone wrong have been the German bits.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a cheapskate - I always keep a used one in reserve (cost me under a tenner a time) - perhaps buying a new one might actually be worthwhile.

Need to search out a Magnetti Spaghetti version, though....

Reply to
SteveH

It might. Also if it has any clever linkage stuff make sure it's properly and appropriately lubed.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The linkages are quite simple - not the over-engineered and under-reliable stuff Mercedes are fond of ;-)

Fortunately, I can do the whole job in under half an hour.

Unfortunately, my rear wiper is playing up. What's the odds on it being another Bosch motor?

Reply to
SteveH

The Bosch factory's quality control probably has one chute for 'OK', one for 'reject' and one for the things they're not sure about, they go to....

Reply to
Mark W

With the demise of Lucas, Bosch have picked up the candle and are running with it.

Reply to
Peter Hill

In the '80s quite a few of their designs were shared. Built in both countries at once.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, very illiminating, I see the light.

It would explain the "they do that sir" when the electronic ignition on a BX blew up. They said if the coil fails it takes out the module, if the module fails it takes out the coil. Stupid price at main stealer but so common that pattern modules and cheap coils were available.

Reply to
Peter Hill

I had thought that they had one box "good for domestic use" AKA BMW and one box "shit", AKA PSA or anyone else stupid enough to buy their stuff.

Reply to
Peter Hill