Getting a Seicento with engine problem

Get 2 more mates and you can probably carry it.

It may be simpler and cheaper to just swap the head.

Reply to
Depresion

We must be slipping there are helpful posts in here.

Reply to
Depresion

Araldite.

Those little Fiat lumps are Übershite, so abusing one by gluing a plug in is nothing to be ashamed of.

I araldited the heads onto a 7.2 Oldsmobile once. Bloody thing ran as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Hmmm, the only time I've changed the plugs on one of these it was a battle not to bring the thread out with the plug. I just about got away with it, looks like someone else wasn't so lucky :) Best plan is a "Helicoil" quite expensive for the insert and tool, might be cheaper and easier to take it to your local engine rebuilders and ask them to do it. If it's not OHC (can't remember), it'll be less than £20 for a head gasket set and a simple job to remove and refit.

Oh aye, if you remove the remaining plugs, make sure you blather the threads with copperslip before you replace 'em :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Thanks - a Helicoil is what I was thinking of, but couldn't remember.

I used to sell them when I worked in Brown Brothers in the early 90's.

David

Reply to
David Lane

None whatsoever. Okay, you may want to lower it and raid the Sporting's parts bin. Or the Fiat's parts bin. The 1.25i-16 will fit I'm sure, it can also be turbocharged, but... well... no. Just no.

Reply to
DervMan