Google Streets thingy

I'm going to be on it lol

I was out the other day and late back so had to pick the boy up from school. I parked up early and started to read my book when the Google car turned out of a side road and drove past me.

He can't drive...

Reply to
Abo

I'm on there, with the original SD1 sat on the drive :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

He's hardly going to powerslide a diesel Astra round the streets though, is he ? ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I drove past one of those Google Astras on the A9 near Sheriffmuir yesterday.

It was full of dents.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Me too, on the day of Dan's funeral, I was just leaving the back of the house to meet PeteM for the drive over.

I'm stood next to the car in my black suit as the google car comes past.

Reply to
Elder

It'd make some interesting photos...

Reply to
Abo

Ah, they could have picked a better day to drive past :(

Reply to
Abo

There are very few days where I have looked smarter to be immortalised for ever.

Warrington doesn't have any google streets live yet even though the cars have been arround for a while.

Reply to
Elder

Someone should do a "Where's Wally?" style book for the google car.

In other news, ages back I saw an ebay car floating about (Pug 306 IIRC) - had an email address to the tune of snipped-for-privacy@ebay.co.uk, so I dropped them a line to see if I won a prize, and I got sent some sort of ebay factsheet pack. Should have sold it on ebay....

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Dan died? Shit. I have been away for a while but that ruined my day.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

One lives up my way.

Reply to
Doki

Dan died in April.

There was a collection for a charity he mentioned when he was alive. I think you can still donate:

There were some touching tributes. Some of the regulars made it to the funeral and had an adventure and some fish & chips.

Crap circumstances but I think he passed well.

Welcome back BTW!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Sad to say he did. But of all accounts, with dignity. Woke up from his meds, said his farewells and passed.

But his funeral showed how much he was missed when the crematorium was packed for the service.

Reply to
Elder

Glad to be back. Dan was a great guy and I had loads of respect for him even if he did have a worrying love for French tat. He'll be missed.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston