HANS

Apparently its illegal to drive on the road wearing a Hans device. Or at least thats what the young bobby told me today after he'd pulled me over for not wearing a seatbelt only to find me thouroughtly bolted into the car via a 5 point harness, and no I wasn't wearing my helmet, the hans was over my shoulders because the belts lock into it and its more trouble to take it off than it is just to dump it over your head when your strapping in ;-)

I did point out that without a helmet on the Hans wasn't restricting the movement of my head so I could move my head as freely as I could wearing a conventional 3 point seat belt. Was just after this he gave me a producer, reckon he was a bit embaressed? ;-)

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Sounds like he didn't like the cut of your gib :D

AFAIK as long as they have e homologation, ece 16.04, they are road legal.

Most are, usually stitched on, should have shown him the tag and dazzled him with science. Still, perhaps he cant read too well :D

Glenn