HEHE what a noise!

couldn't wait so installed the K&N filter yesterday, found some extra tubing to go with the one that came with it for more cold air and after washing the car decided to take it for a run, what a noise!

sounds a bit deeper when ticking over and you can hear it sucking air in but put it under load with your foot down and the noise hehe! went for a quick burn down the A130 and back (not far from me) and cruising it sounds ok, not to loud but drop down to 4th and boot it and WOW it roars...

i'm well happy with it and can't wait for the RR day now as it'll make most people go deaf i reckon hehe

and i don't care what steveH says about the car, it's great and he's seriously missing out with his narrow minded-ness

which makes me wonder, anyone got a custom exhaust and a K&N or similar air filter on there 620Ti? would love to know what that would sound like :)

Reply to
Vamp

Do you even have *any* idea what day it is at all, or what your own name is ? How do you even remember to get up in the morning ?

Vamp has a Mk1 MR2.

I'd recommend quitting with the obssessive negative behaviour towards the 620ti, it seems to be taking over you and it's certainly not doing you any favours.

Yes, a fabulous noise. I'm sure that's a real comfort as it's loaded on to the back of the RAC lorry after it's died and left you stranded. Again. You can tell the nice man all about how "it sounds really good when it's running, honest".

Reply to
Lordy

Heh. The last time I had a K&N I found the same thing (1.6 Carb engine tho). The only problem is, you'll be sticking your foot down all the time to get the rort so it does rather bad things for your fuel economy.

Not got a filter yet (thinking about getting a Blitz in the first quarter) but with a full Mongoose stainless on it sounds just fine :)

Reply to
Lordy

now i'm convinced it wouldn't be hard to replace SteveH with a small amount of code, does MeatballTurbo or **-** want to have a go at writing it?

:>

...pi

Reply to
pi

Oooops.

Seems that this bit confused me:

Because I've never had anything against the MR2. I naturally assumed it was some Ti related thing.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes - I got a bit confused because he seemed to think I had something against his car - which I haven't.

It's a MkI MR2 - absolutely _nothing_ wrong with that.

Just like your obsession with Honda Accords with stick-on chrome tat.

Reply to
SteveH

Hardly an obsession to correct people when they are talking s**te...

As has already been mentioned, the *genuine* faults of the car are freely admitted and discussed.

Reply to
Lordy

In article , pi

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

cool is that a shiny twin pipe one?

Reply to
Vamp

Yus.

Reply to
Lordy

:-) Sir I Salute You. Thats V V Amusing.

Me Too

Reply to
**-**

o suit you sir! :)

i consider a mongoose system for me mk1 but 1 they aint loud enough for me and 2 they cost a packet compaired to the custom one my mate did for me.

still whack a filter on it and that give it a deeper note and it'll roar when revved :) careful though that roar you get is seriously addictive :)

Reply to
Vamp

Lordy made the world a better place for us by saying..

Oi, Twin Spark Alfa motors (not Twin Spark FIAT motors) are pretty bloody reliable.

unlike the K / M / T series Rover ones :-P

Reply to
Pete M

We replaced the panel filter with a K & N, because I'm tight and hate the thought of buying new ones, and it made it quieter. :)

Then we moved all of the noise to the back with a Janspeed (!) mild steel muffler. ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Hello Theo.

22 Dec 03 08:03, you wrote to SteveH:

T> twin spark s**te, they dont produce any more power for the extra plugs, but T> come service time thats £100 for 8 plugs...... SOD THAT!

Actually they do, about 20 hp more (2.0L). 150 hp from a 8v 2 litre NA engine is pretty good.

Sergey

... Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around

Reply to
Sergey Vizgunov

I did that with my Mk 1 Escort 1300 Sport. Lovely noise, bloody awful consumption. I took the K&N out of the Sera (panel filter), but I might reinstall it once I've sorted the suspension/exhaust (it's got a stainless exhaust, but still wears the cat and it's misaligned).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Err, no. BMW used a 150 PS two litre donk for some time. Chrysler's Neon RT produces 150 PS from a 2.0 litre. The PSA Group have a number of 2.0 litre engines that produce over 150 PS. The Escort RS2000 produced 150 PS from two litres, the ST170 produces 168 PS from two litres.

There are numerous Honda VTEC donks producing way more than 150 PS from engines somewhat smaller. The 1.8 VVC K-series produces over 150 PS. Similarily, some Toyota VVTi donks, too.

Numerous Clios produce 150 PS or more from 2.0 litres, or less.

Several Vauxhall 2.0 16v donks produced 150 PS.

And, finally, the VW 2.0 16v donk, as used in the mark three Golf GTi 16v and Seat Ibiza, produced 150 PS.

So, not that special after all.

Reply to
DervMan

Toyota produced 175bhp from 2 litre's in the MKII :) import G Limited

Reply to
Vamp

Theo made the world a better place for us by saying..

Hmm, where do you get your mathematical ability?

I replaced all 8 plugs in my 164 last Saturday, total cost £ 15.44 (Partco) Oil (Shell Helix plus Semi Synthetic) cost £10 at local ATS ( I know them ) Filter (Genuine Alfa) £ 5.40 Fuel filter (part £6.92

Total cost of minor service = £40.00. and that includes giving the ATS spanner monkey £3 for fitting the plugs.

Reply to
Pete M

Cheap lumps to look after, the old, chain-driven twin-sparks, aren't they?

I paid a little more for my plugs, but it was still only £24 incl. VAT for 'em.

It's later TSs that can be expensive - I've seen prices up to £240 for a set of 'Golden Lodge' plugs. Erk!

Mind, they are platinum-tipped, and come with a 60k mile warranty.

Reply to
SteveH