high cams

can someone pls tell me what's the purpose of high cams? And also, what are half-cut engines all about?

Thanks.

Reply to
Brian Su

Well there are some high cams here. On the shelf. I cant reach in my wheelchair. And they are High lift cams too. Only on the exhaust though. Old Rover V8 Crower Blower/supercharger/nitrous ones. But they are buggered.

Half cut????????? Buggered if I know. But more likely you got it wrong?

Reply to
Burgerman

My first idea was that it's some kind of 'lol' about 4 cyl engines from V8 guys :-)

Hermann Antichrist

- i_do_have_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

-

Christian Rethmann

Half-cut engines are when you buy a car from japan that has been cut in half. You get the engine gearbox loom etc for a lot cheaper. Best thing to buy when doing an engine conversion. They normally cut where the a pillars meet the bonnet and the front doors.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That's a front cut car not a half cut engine. Not a lot of use if you own a Porsche.

Peter Hill