hubs and spacers and stuff

new mondeo pcd of 5 x 108 offset of 51.5

granada pcd of 5 x 112 offset of 38

who does hubcentric spacers (i need them to be 15mm thick) that will let me put new shape mondeo rims onto my granada?

money obviously is the object but i've had quotes ranging from £40 a pair to £120 a pair for just normal hubcentric spacers that use longer studs

what i want is something i can bolt to the hub, and then bolt the alloy to that this is what i mean

but can i find a bugger who sells them? can i bollocks

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
dojj

Follow the link you snipped :-) Adapter plates would work for that sort of thing.

Although I reckon the guy is wrong in saying the bit in the middle is the load bearing section. While it's being put on, yes. When the bolts are done up, no.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I did, and I've just read it again, and I couldn't see anything about assisting fitment of wrongly PCD'd wheels to a car.

I guess the difference between 108 and 112 isn't that great, but I can't see it being a great idea if the car was to be driven "enthusiastically" :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

yup, but thats why i'm after them but i can't find anyone who does them :(

Reply to
dojj

Erm, all very well and that, but unless I'm being particularly thick - how on earth are you going to get 108 PCD wheels onto a car with 112 PCD hubs/studs/whatever?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The adapter plate has 8 holes. 4 with a 108 PCD, 4 with a 112 PCD, with the two sets at a 45 degree offset. (substitute appropriate angle for 5 bolt hubs). Make the plate strong enough, and that will work fine. Obviously if you've got studs coming out of the hub, you may well need holes in the wheel to let the nuts sit in, but the one in his picture does.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I'm not surprised. I could make them, but I wouldn't. For the simple reason that IMO the principle is mechanically unsound. Apart from that, why go to all that bother, when there's a better and cheaper solution. Remove Granada hubs. Remove wheels studs. Drill 5 holes between the existing ones on a 108 PCD. Fit longer wheels studs, with conventional spacers. Job done. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I wouldn't be surprised if you could bodge Mondeo ones on.

Reply to
Doki

I'd prefer doing that myself, but it's having the car off the road for so long (and the fact that the bearings will need swapping if I do that which adds to the expense :( ) unless I can take it somewhere to have done which isn't going to be a problem IF I can find somewhere who is prepared to do it for not an extortionate amount of money besides, I'd STILL need them 15mm spacers to make up the difference in the offset :(

Reply to
dojj

Find a good s/h pair of hubs and have those machined, but why will removing yours mean new bearings?

unless I can take it somewhere to have done

Redrilling a pair of hubs would not be a big job. Removing and refitting is something else. I doubt a jobbing m/c shop would be interested in doing that.

They wouldn't be a problem. Just a bit of straightforward turning. Whoever drilled the hubs could probably make those as well, using the same setup to drill the holes. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Fit the rims off a Merc instead.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

how much do merc 18's with new tyres cost? a lot more than £165 i bet ;)

Reply to
dojj