Remote Key Battery Dead 2003 X 5

2003 X 5 My Remote Key (Second key) battery is dead. Yes, I know we are supposed to use each key every six months and I did not. I read that the key is recharged when I the ignition. Once the battery goes dead is there anyway to get it recharged (other than driving for 200 miles with the dead battery)? Tried to lock the car with the key in the ignition, the key in ignition warning comes on the doors unlock automatically.

Anyone has taken apart once of these key fobs and replaced the battery?

Reply to
gw

Why can't you just use the key for a week or so on your commute and charge it up?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Once dead they don't - the spare key for mine is like this.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

When I bought my CPO 04 330CI in April I had the same problem, I took it to the dealer and had it checked, it needed to be reinitialized from what the SA told me. Replacement key for my car was about $160.00 so I was glad to hear it and works well now.

Brian