Hypothetical which car woudl you choose? Soarer or Supra?

I was thinking of the 300, little things like the placement of the aerial just put me off it's looks.

Reply to
Depresion

Supra Mk III 2.5 Twin Turbo Aerotop.

Or a front cut from a V8 Soarer, and a Mk III Supra, and some time with an engine hoise and soldering iron to splice the looms.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Personally I'd go for the Supra; I'm not keen on the Soarer's styling for some reason.

On a different note, I've always wanted a MK2 Celica Supra. Our next door neighbour had one back in the '80's (might have been a MK1 though) and I always thought it was great!

Reply to
??? Abo ???

Yup, that is the one. I really like it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Haven't seen where the arial is?

What is weird about it?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Probably similar to the GT4, and I wouldn't have to hammer it to make progress like I do in the GT4.

I've gotten used to spending more on petrol than before. You were right, it's not so bad (couple of quid a week) and you get used to it and it's worth it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That was the 2.8 straight six wasn't it. Very angular.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Seems to be a popular opinion here, I'm just a freak.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nah I like 'em too. Especially in that dark green with big deep dish alloys.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

What about the V8?

Reply to
Theo

On a friends jap import it's on the passenger side of the front bumper but it doesn't look to be there on US models.

Reply to
Depresion

Bah I get 53mpg at the moment and that's not taking it easy.

Reply to
Depresion

OK, yep, I declare that officially weird.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Waddya mean ?

Reply to
Nom

Are you having a laugh :)

Reply to
Nom

Hardly mate, £2-5.5k for either V8 4 litre auto with electric everything, or 2.5 twin turbo with cloth, or optional leather if you can find one, and a choice between auto and manual, with 0-60 in 6 in an auto, or 5.5 in a manual. Aircon, toys, road presence, and Toyota build quality. The Supra was based on the Lexus SC coupes floorpan, but stripped out further and given more per performance versus luxury bias.

Then why are you even asking :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Hmmmmm. Maybe in silver, with 19's, slammed, and blacked out :)

Reply to
DanTXD

22-23 MPG max on a good days commute. 19 over winter when the lights are popped almost all the time. Porbably closer to 30 on a good long 70-80 200mile run.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

supra's are gettin a bit chavvy, and personally I think they are girls cars. A supra 4.0 would be cool though, or a supra bbc, istr the new supra is NA, but I do like the soarer, always have done.

Reply to
Theo

Front and Rear overhangs are STUPIDLY long.

The whole wheelbase looks like it's set too far forward ?

Bonnet is too long.

It's all out of proportion.

Just looks standard ricer.

Wheels are FAR too small. Bonnet is FAR too long !

Doors somehow look in the wrong place ?

It's just broken.

Agreed.

I've never even heard of them before today ? Are they newer than the newest of new news or something ??

Reply to
Nom