Hypothetical which car woudl you choose? Soarer or Supra?

pmsl

Reply to
Theo

thats because they are fantastic, I love senator 24v and Carlton GSI's, great great cars, pity about the rust.

Reply to
Theo

ISTR that top gear did a big thing about comparing the SC430 to the current Hyundai Coupe. Apart from the funky folding roof, the Hyundai won on everything from ride, to price, to day to day performance and comfort. Although the SC430 is a lot small than the previous SCs.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Aye, I've seen maybe a dozen since they came out. I think one featured in some London rappers video as the latest example of tasteless bling.

There are roadtests about. In fact, I'm pretty sure it appears in 'the knowledge' in EVO. Nobody exactly raved about it.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Wierd. I guess it was just so mundane that I've got no recollection of it whatsoever :)

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

You were probably just so traumatised by the sheer hideousness of it that you repressed the memories. I'd have one tho - big v8, innit :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Sure, if you know anyone who wants my Supra for £800 ;)

Actually, I've got practically no use for a BMW saloon. Quite fancy a

325i Touring (F-G plater) with a towbar and auto though.

Oooh, I better stick the Volvo back in the sigfile, too.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

It is, quite possibly, the most mediocre way of blowing £50,000 ever devised.

I mean, they don't even look nice. Like an inflated Daihatsu Copen.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

[...]

My pal with the RS200 checked that out - didn't think it would be easy to live with so bought a newer standard one instead.

The secret of luxobargeness IMO is that you should be able to deal with general traffic at no more than half throttle and that there should be no drama even with it nailed. ...and sideways.

Get her into an ALPINA for a test drive and I reckon the ban would disappear. :)

[...Mercs...]

W124 convertible are worth a look too.

Alistair J Murray
[...]

It's a good option to have.

Not just in the opinion of Citroënistas I guess. :)

Hmmm, it's the not-really-tryingness that draws me towards GTRs

Not difficult.

I believe they're made by turning old Tardises inside-out. ;)

Alistair J Murray

Hehehe, maybe :-)

In all seriousness - what, roughly speaking, would it cost? You're around Perth aren't you? My sister lives in Perth and my Dad + step-Mum are visiting in a month or so.

It's a proper one by the way, the M30 straight six, not the nikasil-problem-ridden V8!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'd say at least a couple of grand to ship it. I'm in Perth. How big are your parents suitcases? : ) What year is it? Check out

for the ridiculous prices we pay for cars over here.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I prefer Alpina's as well - i don't really know why, someone try explain it to me. I mean, the M's are faster (aren't they?)...

Reply to
DanTXD

Most recent ALPINAs (all caps!) are designed to be daily drivers whereas ///Ms are more high day and holiday orientated.

Burkard Bovensiepen deals in fine wines as well as sports-cars. :)

Some ALPINAs are faster than equivalent ///Ms - E34 B10 BiTurbo, E36 B8

4.6, E30 C2 2.7, etc - whereas others are more complimentary, offering a different take on the fast beemer...

I kept company with a ///M5 over about 30 miles of highland A-road a few weeks back and whilst neither of us were *really* trying we were both making similarly good progress. =8)

Alistair J Murray

yes and no.

Reply to
Theo