i bought a new van...

'95 LDV ambulance, rover v8. trying to resist the temptation to whip the heads off and take to them with a die grinder. first job .. convert it to LPG. then maybe nitrous .. I'm not sure.

Reply to
jeremy

Big supercharger, Nitrous and LPG. Avit'

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Does it come with the lights and siren?

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

"jeremy" wrote

Just don't use LPG and nitrous at the same time.

How's it feel driving something that odds on has had someone (plural) die inside it?

Reply to
fishman

Why not??? They work great together!

Reply to
Burgerman

"Burgerman" wrote

Really? I thought LPG doesn't like Forced Induction (which essentially Nitrous is) - couldn't get my turbo'd car converted. Which it needed when it ad very very best returned 24mpg

Reply to
fishman

in news:1095427012.QLRKUQxYhm2tmZBmr+HXkQ@teranews, "fishman" slurred :

You can get it LPG converted - in fact turbo'd engines like the high octane of LPG, but you need to pressurise the injection side of the LPG system, which complicates things and limits the choice of systems available, and makes the process more complex. Or you can use a nasty venturi system, sucking in before the Turbo, but that's a bad idea :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

unfortunately no. every time i'm in a traffic jam i wish it did. but it's still registered as an ambulance which means free tax and no congestion charge in london.

Reply to
jeremy

about the same as id does to live in a house that someone has probably died in. i'm not that bothered about that kind of thing.

Reply to
jeremy

Waste of time, at least initially. Stick in some high compression pistons for the maximum bangs per buck without going silly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)