I give up.

24 hours ago I didn't know this item existed. I now find myself considering buying one - just to keep up.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Dude... don't do it, don't give in... Fight the power!

Reply to
Iridium

Noooo!

That's the pikey one - most service station cups don't fit in those holes snugly, so your drink falls over on the first roundabout.

You need the one with spring-loaded adjusters.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

its not just cars that need cupholders, a mate of mine was so impressed by the smoooooth action of the one in my old mondeo (the one in my new car is a bit fierce) that hes got one for his fishing boat :-)

james

Reply to
john doe

That'll go very well with the Sylva.

Finished your engine hoist yet?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not yet.

Got the bearings though and going to see the man about the steel this week. Notwithstanding the zetec and other bits lying around, there's a devil on my shoulder telling me to fit the bike engine.

This video didn't help.

Imagine, if you will the soundtrack from 20 seconds(ish) imposed onto the car on the startline at Forrestburn. That's essentially the engine I have here looking for a home. I have everything to run it. Such an idea isn't as sensible as the zetec, but there's nothing at all sensible about the car anyway. And that there video is pulling me in that direction.

Do I do the sensible thing or go balls out ? I think I might know the answer to that one...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine bike engine :-)

Reply to
Iridium

ZZR 1100 motors are OK but only about 134 bhp at the wheel once derestricted (125 stock due to carb slide restriction) and not as much torque at lower revs as big suzukis.

And a bit lacking in pick up or throttle responce. But massively better than car engine. And they can be tuned and or turboed. And you ge the lighter weight, sequential gearbox and the stupid gearbox that wont let you select second from a standstill for a high powered nitroused launch... That can be fixed by removing a stupid ball bearing... And with a four into one loudf exhaust it will sound far better than any car. And it will be a bastard to get to run correctly without all of the original airbox fitted and its huge.

Reply to
Burgerman

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Iridium, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 V8 ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

Helicopter turbine powering a turbo. YKIMS

Reply to
Doki

Flux capacitors! Be careful around 88mph however...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You mean like Nick Mann's car. He also has a BDA to go with the turbine and the turbo. And the 4WD.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I do. I assume the turbo must be of lorry proportions?

Reply to
Doki

2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine 2.0 8v non-interference Vauxhall engine

or maybe

5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI 5-pot VAG TDI

:-P

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And here is why I had a big T4 turbo (and nitrous!) on my road bikes...

And why I became a power junky...

And why you need one on the ZZR11 motor. Fit it stock for now but remember you can later!

Most people fit them to Suzukis because they are traditionally stronger but there is no reason why you cant. Speak to Jack Frost for a roll in roll out price.

Wheeliies become part of every acceleration. At any speed. And its huge fun. Imagine having this much power (4 to 5 hundred) in your car from a motor you can carry complete with its gearbox on your own.

Reply to
Burgerman

Points all taken big fella. However.

1) It's what I have - all here, just add a can. 2) Nitrous isn't allowed. 3) Won't ever need 2nd gear launches. 4) Regarding the carbs, I have a mate and an acquaintance who both have them running and have adressed the air box issues.

Regarding the positive points you make

:-)))))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Can't answer that one I'm afraid. It's quite a tool though.

I assume we've all seen this video, but here it is again.

Bob Sherunckle

i apologise if that does not make much sense but i've never heard of anything like this before.

james

Reply to
john doe

Actually I dont see the point of what he is doing. (driving an automotive turbo via a turbojets exhaust). It would be simpler and more efficient and lighter just to bleed some of the asir from the helicopters engines compressor stage straight into the piston engines intake? Maybe he does.

Reply to
Burgerman

I suspect it's something or other to do with regulations.

Reply to
Doki