Impact Driver :-)

Bought one months ago but only got to use it the other night now that I have power in the "little shed of horrors" aka my pint sized garage.

What a lovely racket :-))))))

Must restrict use to keep SWMBO / the neighbours onside.

Also added one of the ALDI cheap but effective drill presses to my arsenal of tight wad tools the other day.

I love tools me, must fire up the welder some time soon :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

This technology seems to be catching on. Bought a Makita small cordless screwdriver which uses it and can cope with screws far larger than you'd believe for its size. But as you say not the quietest tool in the box. The other great benefit over conventional electric screwdrivers is you don't need much pressure on the screw to prevent cam-out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tools are awesome :) Where did I watch a man using an impact driver and think to myself "I NEED one of those in my life..."

Reply to
Iridium

Not a leccy one Dave, an air one. Now add the noise of the compressor to the mental image.

Close your eyes and you could be in kwik-tit if it wasn't for the lack of poisonous 'coffee', lying staff and overpricing.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ah. Be careful with the cheapies - mine doesn't always have the guts to fully tighten bolts.

Reply to
Doki

I love buying tools!! My Snap On electric impact gun turned up this week - I might change the wheels on the 205 tomorrow just so I can give it a go :) My Dad also gave me a pair of Snap On work gloves which are fecking awesome - far better than the latex gloves I would normally use!!

And and since it's nice and sunny down here I'm gonna give me new Netto £20 pressure washer a go later :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes - but they use the same principle. Just that cordless tool varieties are rather more recent.

The maximum torque the device manages adds to the overall noise too.

Strangely I've found my local branch very good. Never used them for anything major, though - just punctures, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)