LSD or other Traction device for WJ with only quadratrac??????

Well i regret it now that i bought a 99 WJ with quadratrac and not quadra drive...i called and asked if it would be possible to get TrueTrac LSD but it turns out it won't work because of the c-clips in the Dana 44 (rear). I wanted to keep a LSD because I like the idea of not losing control in the snow (i.e. lockers) and having decent traction off road when i needit and....can't afford air lockers. Plus my grand is mostly stock so no real heavy wheeling is done on it....however i do want added traction i would have gotten with the true trac...anybody have any ideas? Thanks. (would electrac fit?)

Esty

99 WJ V8 only quadratrac....
Reply to
Esty

Who did you talk to? Did you talk to Trac-Tech? I thought the Tru-Trac would fit the D44. I have one in my D35 with C clips. You might want to double check.

Reply to
TJim

The WJ doesn't use a standard Dana 44, it has an aluminum housing and is much different from standard Dana 44 axles. As such, products designed for a standard Dana 44 won't fit into a WJ's Dana 44.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Ooohh! OK. Thanks, Jerry. I forgot about the aluminum pumpkin. :-)

Reply to
TJim

I was essintial told by extreme Gear (A sacramento 4wd shop) that this would not be possible due to the c-clips in the Dana 44 on the WJ...however based on Jerry's posting it looks like it won't fit in there anyhow. What other options do I have for a LSD (ARBs are to much for my uses, and electrac doesn't look like it will fit...auto lockers don't work for me in the snow...am i just out of luck!) Thanks for any and all advice! Esteban

BTW... I was toying with the idea of finding some varilock axles...but apperently it is more then just an axle swap to be add qudradrive to a quadratrac transfer case...Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Esty