is it me or?

No it wasn't - it was made as one film, then they decided it was too long, so they cut it in half, and padded each bit out to be a decent length.

Reply to
Dan405

I'd read that, but after seeing them, it seems to me that it was *written* as one whole film and then cut into two during filming. The contrast in style between 1 & 2 seems quite stark - I couldn't imagine a film starting out so action packed and then ending up as KB2 did. But then again, thinking about it, I guess maybe what could have happened is that KB1 & 2 were filmed to be one film, but someone pointed out that it would probably suck if they kept it all together. It will be interesting to see if a DVD cut appears where it flows as one film - having so much action in the first half would probably make the second half appear very, very boring. Of course, a total re-cut might help.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Yebbut the bloke who got exploded with the broken leg and neckbrace. I thought it was funny when when he exploded at you and they freezeframed it. When they drew a white outline round him I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe for the rest of the film...

Reply to
Doki

They both have their merits and I have both on DVD but I still laugh when I think about the absolute load of bollocks the producers of the new version spout when they claim they wanted to make a "new" car/road/action movie when they had ripped the story from a film made

21years earlier. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

get hold of ichi the killer, thats the numero uno film.

Reply to
Theo

Hey Nom,

Think I was in a bit of mood when I replied about Gone in 60 seconds (but I remember not liking it!), having just come back from watching 'Monster' - which I thought was pretty good. I *do* like a 'switch-your-brain-off' Hollywood blockbuster from time to time, but I always have to remind myself to actually switch my brain off beforehand, otherwise I start getting stressed about plot inconsistencies, 'what would happen in reality', etc, etc ;) Saw Van Helsing last week and didn't like that. One of my favourite films of all time is Evil Dead 2. I didn't need to switch my brain off for that one - it seemed to happen automatically. That film rocks! I also love just about any Arnie film going.

'workshed'

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

I think it's excellent. It's basically A-Day-In-The-Life of some *very* troubled New York teenagers. It's very controversial, and was banned upon release in lots of places (always a good sign) - simply because it's so "real".

One of the quotes on IMDb sums it up nicely : This is one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen. It is so real and so shocking. Parents of teenagers should watch this film, but it unfortunately has been slammed by bible-thumpers and all sorts of "moral" and "Christian" groups. The reason that this film is so controversial is that it shows us a side of teen life that parents do not know about. However, I suspect that the parents do wonder what their kids are doing, but what they are actually "doing" is beyond the imagination of the adults. It's a brutal, cynical world as seen through the eyes of the teenagers in this film. There is rampant drug use and sexuality, and brutal violence...all involving young children. The message to parents is...THESE ARE YOUR KIDS! A haunting, provocative film.

Don't go and look till you've seen it though - it's FULL of spoilers !

Reply to
Nom

LOL !

Independence Day is one of my favourite Hollywood films - but as you say, you really can't pay close attention to it :)

Yeah, me too. Arnie's great !

Reply to
Nom